ALABAMA!!

Mine are April 17th hatch date and no eggs yet. I am out at the coop many times a day checking for eggs! The wait is awful!
sad.png

I am horrible about checking too. I check at least 3 times a day, when I check their water supply.

Mine are April 17th hatch date and no eggs yet. I am out at the coop many times a day checking for eggs! The wait is awful!
sad.png

Our Buffs arrived from My Pet Chicken on April 17th and we have one sweet girl laying. She started this past Saturday, at 20 weeks and 3 days, and we have had a beautiful egg every morning for the past three mornings. I am not sure what is going on with the other two, taking their time I guess. LOL!

Random question/poll. Those of you that got chickens from Chick Days have you gotten eggs yet? I am feeling like the WORST chicken lady in the world because I am still egg free. My mother has gotten some eggs already and she got her chicks a few weeks after me....

I got my chicks from Wisher mid March and the Easter Eggers started laying two days before Labor Day. Some breeds just take longer, and some birds just do too, from what I hear.

Ok so I am convinced that all my chickens are crazy. A week ago I got the babies for my broody that wouldn't give up. She accepted them just fine. She took care of them for a week with no problem whatsoever. This morning I went to let them out, she was killing one when I got there, two more were already dead. Why would she do that, after caring for them all week? Well, now she has no more problems. I grabbed her when I saw what she was doing, she pinched the crap out of my arm, I slung her and she hit a tree. I think I broke her neck, I didn't mean to, but I'm not sad. When am I going to figure out this chicken business SMH

Ok so I am convinced that all my chickens are crazy. A week ago I got the babies for my broody that wouldn't give up. She accepted them just fine. She took care of them for a week with no problem whatsoever. This morning I went to let them out, she was killing one when I got there, two more were already dead. Why would she do that, after caring for them all week? Well, now she has no more problems. I grabbed her when I saw what she was doing, she pinched the crap out of my arm, I slung her and she hit a tree. I think I broke her neck, I didn't mean to, but I'm not sad. When am I going to figure out this chicken business SMH

That's weird. Who know what she was thinking. I'm sorry she killed some of the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom