ALABAMA!!

Ok so I am convinced that all my chickens are crazy. A week ago I got the babies for my broody that wouldn't give up. She accepted them just fine. She took care of them for a week with no problem whatsoever. This morning I went to let them out, she was killing one when I got there, two more were already dead. Why would she do that, after caring for them all week? Well, now she has no more problems. I grabbed her when I saw what she was doing, she pinched the crap out of my arm, I slung her and she hit a tree. I think I broke her neck, I didn't mean to, but I'm not sad. When am I going to figure out this chicken business SMH

How'd she taste?

Y'all waiting for eggs, make sure they're not laying in spots other than the nest box. You never know
lol.png

I am so mad right now. Something killed my Dom roo. Pulled head through the fence and broke his neck. :mad: He was so sweet and something had to go and kill him. The girls left in quarantine and the two heal pens are getting moved to the coop tonight.

Now I don't have a roo at all. :banghead:

I am so mad right now. Something killed my Dom roo. Pulled head through the fence and broke his neck. :mad: He was so sweet and something had to go and kill him. The girls left in quarantine and the two heal pens are getting moved to the coop tonight.

Now I don't have a roo at all. :banghead:

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Ok guys -- for the first time in 17 years in the woods (12 in Centreville before moving to Shelby County) I saw and killed (and by killed, I mean got my husband and brought him a hoe) a Timber Rattlesnake. The dang thing crawled onto the cement patio not far from the back door. I've let many a rat snake live and even brown water snakes. As soon as I saw this guy (at dusk and only because it was on the cement) I knew instantly it was different.
3ft. give or take -- juvenile

Ok guys -- for the first time in 17 years in the woods (12 in Centreville before moving to Shelby County) I saw and killed (and by killed, I mean got my husband and brought him a hoe) a Timber Rattlesnake. The dang thing crawled onto the cement patio not far from the back door. I've let many a rat snake live and even brown water snakes. As soon as I saw this guy (at dusk and only because it was on the cement) I knew instantly it was different.
3ft. give or take -- juvenile

Glad you saw it and didn't step on it.

The next day, it seemed like such a waste, so I gave it to the pullet / hen pen. Not for the squeamish, but they had a good time with it!

@Peanutsmom -- you can see 5 little orps in there as well livin large with the big girls. There's young Dorkings in there as well.

0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom