ALABAMA!!

All right another Alabama thread. I am up here in the North West corner of the state in the Florence / Muscle Shoals area and have the chickens listed at the bottom of my posts.

I just retired from the U.S. COAST GUARD last summer and moved down here from Alaska.

And I learned how to say ROLL TIDE a long time ago. /img/smilies/big_smile.png/img/smilies/big_smile.png/img/smilies/big_smile.png

Jayare

I was unable to find anything in the code, ordinances, zoning documents online but I did find this.....

City of Florence, Alabama
110 West College Street
P.O. Box 98
Florence, AL 35630
(256) 760-6300
[email protected]

Here is the contact information, call or email and ask. If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, give me the neighborhood you live in and I will ask for you!

I finally got eggs!
wee.gif
It's only been about 11 months since I got them( will exclude my silkies since they are younger).
lau.gif
Hopefully, my other will follow her example and lay an egg.

BTW, Tomtom- Thanks for the eggs. I had relatives over the weekend and they all enjoyed it.

I'm thinking about hatching Ducky Girl's eggs, but there's a problem. I have absolutely no luck hatching duck eggs. So here's my question for those of you that have no problems getting them to hatch day: how do you do it? Am I doing something wrong? Are they really that different from hatching chickens?

I finally got eggs!
wee.gif
It's only been about 11 months since I got them( will exclude my silkies since they are younger).
lau.gif
Hopefully, my other will follow her example and lay an egg.

BTW, Tomtom- Thanks for the eggs. I had relatives over the weekend and they all enjoyed it.

Just let me know if you need more. I have a permanent 4-5 dozen sitting around. We eat 6-8 a day, they lay 8 or more. Rotating ofcourse, we eat "old" eggs (as in, a week old at most LOL).

I've been bonding with my baby birds, some of the girls are very cuddly.. unusual. Normally chicks are not all that interested in me, not this bunch.. they follow me like I'm mother goose. They're all in the coop together now, no longer seperated. Some of the younger pullets are showing them who's boss, the older hens don't give two hoots.
lol.png
I'm filling my water bucket twice a day. 28 birds go through a lot of freaking water. They're good birds though. Some of those little cockerels are brave little buggers.. I was walking around with one on my back yesterday. He would not get off me...... little trouble maker. Same one that tried to take off with my camera.

The muscovy drake was uh.. getting down to business this morning. I've put lots of fresh straw out for them in a variety of spots. Ofcourse the stupid jealous dogs started nesting... yup, they made themselves a nest.
roll.png
The ducks dont care.. plenty of room left.

I have 23 of Ducky Girl's eggs and I can't decide if I want to try to hatch them or not. I found a hatching article on Metzer Farms that I want to try, but I'm not sure if I can handle killing a bunch of ducklings before they can hatch... again. Dad is all for it, but I'm not so sure.

I'm here in the big city of Haleyville. We're about 30 minutes from everywhere. The only claim to fame Haleyville has is it's the birthplace of 911. We even got the phone the first call was made on and everything!

Back
Top Bottom