ALABAMA!!

Just wanted to tell everybody, there is going to be a 4-h show and auction this Saturday at Oak Mountain State Park petting zoo . Each child will be bringing two of their home-raise chickens . There are going to be three breeds up for buying , the Barred Rock, the Buff Orpington(I'm taking two of them) and the Americauna\Easter eggers. The show starts at 12:00 so you can see the rating of the birds. All birds are 21 weeks old , hope you can come!!
1f600.png
1f425.png
1f424.png

My surviving Wellie is moulting. Not happy with this bird. I don't think i got 20 eggs out of her. She went broody for 2 months. I found some fertie eggs to put under her. Half dissappered and she didn't hatch the others. Now moulting, she might make a better soup.
I bought a pair of them last fall. One was killed by neighbors dog. This one has been a disappointment. Not sure i want any more of them.

I hate to hear that. I spent about 45 minutes with my babies this evening, and the lighter colored Wellie spent an inordinate amount of time chest bumping and challenging the other chicks. I'd like to think that means that the light one is a cockerel and the other two are pullets, but we shall see. I AM convinced, however, that my "Barred Rock" is not a Barred Rock at all. She is feathering in solid black with black/slate legs. I think "she" (fingers crossed) might be a third Easter Egger instead.

Just wanted to tell everybody, there is going to be a 4-h show and auction this Saturday at Oak Mountain State Park petting zoo . Each child will be bringing two of their home-raise chickens . There are going to be three breeds up for buying , the Barred Rock, the Buff Orpington(I'm taking two of them) and the Americauna\Easter eggers. The show starts at 12:00 so you can see the rating of the birds. All birds are 21 weeks old , hope you can come!!
1f600.png
1f425.png
1f424.png
Didn't know they did that up there. Nice. Also wanted to let y'all know, if you're up for coming to the beach, we have a swap set for 10/15. We have one every month in Robertsdale.

Are there usually Silkie hens for sale at these shows? Also, when does the selling and buying take place? Can it be done before the judging of the birds or is it done after?

I haven't checked the link yet, but how often do they have them in that area? Also, I know a lady down here that has silkies, I bought 3 of them about a month ago. What colors/age are you looking for?

Back
Top Bottom