ALABAMA!!

UChickgal hope you are safe there at Auburn this afternoon

Our son said it wasn't but a mile or so from where he lives.

Last edited:
My Black Australorps are around 14 weeks. There was one cockerelle in the bunch. A few with bad or crooked toes. Those will become freezer camp projects

AUChickgal hope you are safe there at Auburn this afternoon

Our son said it wasn't but a mile or so from where he lives.

Thank you! From what the local weather guys were reporting as it was happening, it passed maybe two miles or so from me. Luckily for us near campus, it sounds like it didn't actually touch down until it got a little bit further east. My heart goes out to everyone affected by even stronger storms in GA and MS, though.

Had a REALLY late night last night and then some excitement again this afternoon. Radar confirmed tornado passed just barely south of me and made for the campus at Auburn. I don't think it was on the ground at that point, but Opelika got some damage. I was very lucky with two near misses this weekend. It looks like things will calm down now, and that's good, because I'm getting delirious from lack of sleep.

They said one hit Standing Rock which is a bit northeast of Opelika, but when we drove through there, it just looked like some straight line wind damage that knocked down a tree that looked mostly rotten anyway and it ripped a metal roof off the old auction house and flung it all over. There were definitely some rough spots all around the area, though.

Back
Top Bottom