ALABAMA!!

Hey I'm new to this site and someone recommended I come here with my little issue lol

I can't seem to find laying salmon hens anywhere. I would prefer to get them as adults instead of as chicks because I got them as chicks almost a year ago and they all but one turned out to be roosters. I only have one hen and I would like to have more salmons because so far they are my favorite breed. The only trouble is that I can't find any for sale near me. I live in the Huntsville area of Alabama. If anyone within an hour or two of me has any available I'd be more than happy to buy a few. I also plan on breeding them eventually and having a salmon flock.

Hey I'm new to this site and someone recommended I come here with my little issue lol

I can't seem to find laying salmon hens anywhere. I would prefer to get them as adults instead of as chicks because I got them as chicks almost a year ago and they all but one turned out to be roosters. I only have one hen and I would like to have more salmons because so far they are my favorite breed. The only trouble is that I can't find any for sale near me. I live in the Huntsville area of Alabama. If anyone within an hour or two of me has any available I'd be more than happy to buy a few. I also plan on breeding them eventually and having a salmon flock.

Welcome to BYC
You might also post on the Ga Tn and Ms pages as well. Get more reach that way.

Do you mean Salmon Faverolles? If so, and you find a source, let me know. I'm looking to add a Salmon Faverolles pullet and a Delaware pullet to my little flock, and I'm not having any luck so far. I'm located in Auburn but am willing to travel as far as north AL/southern TN, west GA, or north FL to pick up the bird(s).

Hello fellow alabamians ! :frow I'm from west blocton Alabama . I have some buff orpingtons , barred rocks , and oegb . I'm so excited because I'm getting some bantam Cochin's in June ! Anyone in the west blocton\vance area?

Last edited:
Brand new to chicken mania. Just started our little hobby here in Troy, AL.

Plan thus far is raising Silkies (on the way), Brahma Banthams, and Golden Laced Wyandotte. They're all supposedly easy to get along with and good producers (although the silkies are just for the fun of it).

Anywho, anyone in the area that would like to help a newbie/trade eggs/chicks/ etc as we go, feel free to ping me.

Matt

:frow Hi! I'm about an hour from Troy, though I don't have any chickens currently, just ducks. My sister had Gold laced Wyandottes, I loved them, they've made my top 3 favorite breeds. I think you'll really like them.

I saw on craigslist for okaloosa/walton county Florida a guy who has the Salmon birds a couple have asked about. His name is Ronnie and his number is 850-417-6386. He is in Milton i believe. So that would be around Ft Walton area. Hope this helps!!

Back
Top Bottom