ALABAMA!!

Yea the ban is the suck...but understandable. The only thing though, to my knowledge, your birds can have it and show no symptoms. That is just crazy to me. A guy I know that buys and sells had an official come by pay him good $$ for all his birds, and then killed them all. He had a duck that tested positive...

Last edited:
1f627.png
I would hate that

Let me now when we can start selling I need to sell some roosters because I'm hatching some eggs I'm going to sell them for about $0.25 is that about right

Let me now when we can start selling I need to sell some roosters because I'm hatching some eggs I'm going to sell them for about $0.25 is that about right
Hey I'm not sure if this will help you any but when I called the State Vet's office they said I could sell my roosters as long as it is a private transaction, just no large gatherings like shows and swaps. Sorry if you already know. Just wanted to make sure in case you hadn't heard.

Apparently the ban is only on backyard flocks. You can buy from big box stores, because they get inspected by the state.

My wife wants a Silkie if anyone near Dothan has any.

Oh, and a couple of Easter Egg types.

Last edited:
Yea I just found this out too. The guy I know was a seller at several different flea markets and he had a couple hundred birds. @5ChicksinDixie Thanks for the heads up!
Oh and hey Bamabees do you know about or keep Mason bees? I'm learning about them now.

Last edited:
Incorrect. You can buy from a person with a backyard flock. The only thing banned are get-togethers like flea markets, shows, etc, where a gathering of people are bringing birds from all over. They don't want people travelling and possibly bringing the virus with them and then spreading it at a group function where people will take it back to all areas of the state. You can buy or sell to/from an individual. The same in Georgia.

That being said, if the guy was a seller at several different flea markets, just me, I'd probably avoid him for now. That's just me. To me, there's the law and there's common sense and I'd REALLY have to have a severe need to expand my flock right now to want to take a chance of introducing AI into my flock for no reason. :)

Back
Top Bottom