ALABAMA!!

Not sure if anyone is interested here, but we live in Clay County and travel a lot through Elmore and Autauga counties. We have three little Golden Polish/Ameracauna babies for sale. Just thought I would throw out a line. Here's some photos we have taken of them. Also, we have a few Khaki Campbell eggs soon to hatch.

Chick 1
Chick 2

Chick 3

Last edited:
I don't have any Marans, but I know someone locally who might. All I raise are Silkies, Sizzles, Micro Bantams, Speckled Sussex, Lavender Orphingtons, and Half Games, (my project birds). Do you have any other way of getting in touch? PM me if so and I can see about helping with  that Maran rooster.
. I have never heard of micro bantams can u send a picture of one

Micros are just tiny bantys is all. Not long legged or bigger. My hen is around 5 inches tall and has short legs and rooster is around 6. Were sold to me as micros.

Any tips for keeping birds cool in our climate? I don't have electricity running to my coop, so fans aren't an option. I did situate the coop and run so that they get afternoon shade, and I made sure to allow for plenty of ventilation. Other ideas? I'm trying to plan ahead, as we've already had several days in the upper 80s here this spring.

Any tips for keeping birds cool in our climate? I don't have electricity running to my coop, so fans aren't an option. I did situate the coop and run so that they get afternoon shade, and I made sure to allow for plenty of ventilation. Other ideas? I'm trying to plan ahead, as we've already had several days in the upper 80s here this spring.
I provide plenty of shade, cool dirt to dust bath in and plenty of water like the others said. In the summer they all retreat under the trees where there is plenty of shade. I have yet to lose one to heat even here in the deep south of Alabama. I also have coops that open up with lots of window for circulation. (4 big windows on all sides that I let open in the summer and less so in the winter.)

Back
Top Bottom