ALABAMA!!

The Birmingham Baptist Assoc. is collecting donations of money and supplies to be destributed.
Their web site is www.BBAonline.org
Any help would be appreciated. They are currently collecting nonperishables ( baby formula, diapers, cleaning supplies, trash bags, canned food etc.)
We also desperately need prayer. Some people are still in shock. The reality has yet to set in. It will hit hard in a couple of days when the funerals start. We are currently at about 190 confirmed dead in Al. With almost 2000 wounded.

Thank you for the concern and the prayers, that will help more than anything else! I am a first responder and working 12 hour shifts until further notice. All off time is cancelled and there are National Guards and police from all over here to help. My family, property, and chickens are fine and for that I am thankful.

Yes thank you everyone for your prayers. Most north AL does not have power. I am using a generator. Not even at my house. I am sooo Thankfull that no one got hurt around me. It had just missed us. Looking at the pics of everyones house is so awful.

I know the Baptist churches in my area are providing meals for the rescue workers and the victims. We are very rural but still have large areas that are totally leveled. The Baptist Associations will use any donations wisely and it will be greatly appreciated throughtout the state. While the RedCross is not my favorite charity, they are active in the area and are helping. Donations to they may get to Us and they may not. I think they have streamlined their operation to provide to earmarked donations.

Please check back and I will try to post more information for those people who have donations to make that are not cash. Clothing will be much appreciated as well, Distribution is something to be worked out yet. '

Many of the people here that are now homeless are the ones who can least afford to replace clothing, household items and such.

Can someone tell me how Huntsville fared in these terrible storms? I have friends there and have not been able to get in touch with them. I'm really worried and just want to know what's going on. Prayers are being sent your way. I can't imagine having to go thru all that destruction. God Bless You!

Back
Top Bottom