ALABAMA!!

I have 4 drakes that need to be rehomed. They are pekin/rouen mixes but one of them might be a jumbo pekin. All of them are 2 months old. I am located in Blount County.

Screenshot_20210102-172642_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I live in Huntsville, AL, and I'm looking for someplace near me to buy around 10 young Red Star pullets. Just wondering of anyone had a contact in North Alabama or Tennessee. Appreciate any help.

Hope everyone is staying relatively warm and safe today! Woke up to snow on the ground and snow still falling, with ice under it in many spots. Thankfully my walk out to the chickens wasn't too bad, I gave them some scratch to help them stay warm and replaced ice blocks with water.

Yuhoooooooo... all you south central Alabama peepsters.. I'm in search of a young (18-20) week old bantum cockerel to put with one of my little pullets. She is half the size of her sibblings and is the only offspring of my BR that was offed by a possum. She's too small to put in with any of the roos/cockerels I currently have and I want her to have a mate. She looks like a barred rock but has black silkie and black astralorp in her as well. Looking for something with red in the color and hackle feathers if at all possible, within 50 miles of Andalusia.

Thanks!

Anybody in Huntsville area (or willing to travel here) interested in a ~3mo mixed breed cockerel?

Looks white at a glance but has faint patches of black and buff. Rose comb. Hasn't started crowing yet and runs from hens, but he's been displaying dominance to "sibling". I did clip the edges of his primary feathers a month or two ago, but he is still very capable of flying and sleeps on the highest perch (higher than where he stands in video).

As much as I like him, realistically his only path here is to become dinner, so I am okay with someone taking him for their own plate.

With the normal statistics of hatching, I'll probably be offering a few more cockerels in a couple months.

Lots of bad weather this evening and into early tomorrow AM, be safe and hunker down. Watch the weather folks, and have alerts/radio on!
Thanks for the heads up.. Checked and here's what ours says:
Wind Advisory
Issued: 10:08 AM Mar. 17, 2021 – National Weather Service
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM CDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph
expected.

* WHERE...Portions of south central and southwest Alabama,
northwest Florida and southeast Mississippi.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM CDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
result.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.

Back
Top Bottom