ALABAMA!!

frow.gif
HI Everyone

Just moved from Montana to Alabama....we are buying a house in Eclectic. I was wondering if there is a local supplier of farm fresh eggs, meats, cheese, milk, birds...etc. until we can get our home in order?

Right now we are staying in Prattville in the extended stay hotel with 4 of our 5 dogs....can't wait to close on the house and get situated.......anyone in the area?

Quote:
Hi and Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif

I'd check with the local Co-Op and/or feed store and see who they recommend. You'll probably have to go more in to Montgomery to find what you're looking for though.

I know you'll be excited to get all moved in and everything in one place.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Hello to all,I was wondering if anyone needs a couple of Rhode Island Red roosters.I got them from Murray in Feb.so they are trying to crow now,lol. I ended up with 2 more than I need,they should be worth $5 ea. if anyone interested,thanks and have a good day..p.s. I'm in Limestone Co.close to the Tenn. line.

Hello Alabama. As I've read through some of the posts I think I'm coming closer to a decision to take the plunge into Biddyhood. I'm in Harvest Alabama. I see there are a lot of neighbors all around me. That is a great comfort.

I just spoke to my neighbor who has no objection if I keep a few hens in the backyard. I have a plan for building a chicken tractor. I still need to buy the materials so I don't expect to be ready for the girls for awhile.

So someone said foxes and raccoons dig under the chicken tractor. If the hens are locked in the coop they should be safe, right? Do snakes bother the chickens? Any good ideas on keeping vermin out of the feed?

I'll be picking your brains as I pretty much know nothing about raising chickens. Thanks for all your support.

I live near Auburn, Santuck will probably be your best bet for fresh items. Welcome to Alabama..
smile.png
I was in Eclectic yesterday..

Quote:
We are buying a house there, I really like the small town feel. I can't wait to get out of this hotel in Prattville and into our new house.....so excited!

Back
Top Bottom