ALABAMA!!

Hi Matt!!!

I don't think I have ever introduced myself on this topic. My name is Matt and I live in Elberta, Al. I show several breeds of Large Fowl and one breed of Bantams. I have seen several other people from Baldwin County on this topic. Anyway, Hello to all.

Nice birds!!!
The pullet pic is not very good-it's an action shot. They and the rooster are 20 wks old :) I just ordered some black orp eggs from hinkjc to cross with them for further improvement. The lavenders are hatched from eggs bought off of ebay and are offspring of some 5th generation hinkjc. Just felt like sharing :)

Thank you!
smile.png

Nice birds!!!

We didn't go last week. However, someone told my husband the same thing and it happens every year. People bring tons of babies in the weeks leading up to Easter. The market gets flooded and they go ridiculously high for a while until the people who want them for Easter get what they want and then they go ridiculously low. One year we got some buff orpingtons for 25 cents.

We like to go and watch and occasionally we sell some of our extras.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

For all of you guys that live in South Alabama there is a Chicken Swap in Elsanor, Alabama the 3rd weekend of every month. There is usually a good crowd there and alot of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom