ALABAMA!!

How many chickens do you have? Do you have them for yourself or do you sell eggs? What kind do you have?

I have 4 buff orpingtons, 5 dominiques, 5 golden comets and 2 who-knows-whats! They range in ages from 8 weeks to 7 months. Some of the doms and buffs are going to be sold though (just a couple of roos). I want one of everything though! lol My husband describes my chicken love like gollum's love for the ring in Lord of the Rings..... "I wants them, my precious".

Well all of my babies arrived this morning. They made it here all alive. Let's just hope they stay that way. If I am counting correctly, I have 37. I have them in a playpen with the heat lamp on. They are eating like they are starving and I added save-a-chick to the water and they are drinking it up. I am a bit nervous because I have read where others post that some of their babies died within a few days. So if I can get through the week I will feel a lot better. I definitely got my SLW and BO. From the others I think I have some Black Jersey Giants and Easter Eggers. I have one very light colored yellow that looks different than the BO so I am not sure on that one. I have a couple of little black ones that I am not sure about. They have darker/grey legs and feet, unlike the BJG with the dark that turns into the lighter color. Well from what I can tell, I will be having a colorful array of eggs, thats for sure (assuming some of the Unknowns are hens). The SLW and BO are supposed to be girls, fingers crossed. For sure the SLW are the loudest or have the shrillest chirps. So far I have not noticed any lethargic or sickly acting babies.

You have a lovely group there!
love.gif
I hope they continue to thrive.

Thanks! Although it is a little embarassing to think I am jumping around the post office like a child on Christmas day. :) I guess I am chicken obsessed. Just yesterday my dad was helping me work on my roost for my big ones. I have 8 stabdard hens and a roo an two bantam hens and a bantam roo. I hope all of these babies don't turn out to be boys. *sigh*

Well I'm here,
big_smile.png
The sun was shining yesterday and I just stood in the parking lot to absorb the warmth. It's either this or this. Of course if I had what is under the snow here I think I'd be much happier.

Thanks! Although it is a little embarassing to think I am jumping around the post office like a child on Christmas day. :) I guess I am chicken obsessed. Just yesterday my dad was helping me work on my roost for my big ones. I have 8 stabdard hens and a roo an two bantam hens and a bantam roo. I hope all of these babies don't turn out to be boys. *sigh*
Oh gosh, you should have seen me running around the coop and dancing when we got our first egg! And I sang all the way home every time we bought birds! It's better than Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom