ALABAMA!!

my first egg I got yesterday

Wisher,
Dang! I wish I had seen the birchen. I only hatched out two, lost both of those, and the birchen rooster I had too. And he was a huge rooster, so it probably WAS a maran. Yep, I can deliver her. I'll have to give u a call when I can make it out.
Lisa

You will not be satisfied with your first coop, no matter how you build it. It will be too small, and not exactly where you want it. The second will be a little more like what you want, but not exactly right. After about four or five you will have it figured out. Good luck, and send lots of pictures.
thumbsup.gif

We have the temporary coop up which was originally the housing for the nest boxes we had to modify it a little but it works we got the floor built for the coop the real first one all we have left to get is the 2x4s for framing the window and some more fencing so not that much we're going to butt the back of the coop against the housing for the coops and on the sides will be the roost I'm using poop boards and the deep little method with something called hi fiber which based on the research of a few other byc'ers has a low dust ratio and great smell and scoops easily the finished coop will be 7f tall 12 by 6.5 not including the nest box which is 4 f by 3f it should be able to house about 20 chickens @ 4 sq feet per bird and the will have access to the run so the 4 sq feet is probably overkill the run will be enclosed on the top also and I still haven't decided what I'm gonna do to pred proof the bottom but I'm gonna do something and despite all this research and planning and the 20 Max at any point flock limit I've set I know your right chicken math will set in or someone will figure out something that works so much better or they will invent something new and I'll have to make the dh clear out the back 5 acers of land and work on improving his carpenter skills a little more as he builds bigger better coops for my ever expanding flock

Back
Top Bottom