ALABAMA!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Michael_K, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    [​IMG] from Montgomery to all our new members!

2. DixieChicken78

DixieChicken78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    Wicksburg, AL
    Huntinwidow.. are those Americana eggs? Trying to resist going to get Am. chicks from co op Friday. Lol

3. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    They are indeed.
    Just a friendly warning Am chicks from the co op are most likely not SOP ameraucana but what would be considered easter eggers. Nothing against easter eggers. I just believe in truth in advertising. Many people have bought what they believed to be ameraucana from hatcheries or other places just to find they were not what they thought.

2 people like this.
  4. DixieChicken78

DixieChicken78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    Wicksburg, AL
    Gotcha. That's a shame.. I really love the ruffs around the necks. Really pretty hens. :)

5. silkiemomma42

silkiemomma42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    parrish, alabama
    Huntinwidow, will you be hatching any chicks this spring? Finishing an addition in our coop, and would love to add some Amer. Chicks. We live in Parrish alabama and my husband works in sumiton/cordova. Maybe when we get the addition done we could come visit!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  6. huntinwidow

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    Sure, we have visitors all the time. I am hatching chicks weekly as long as there is demand. I am sold out right now but have lots in the incubator.[​IMG]

7. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    huntinwidow, love those eggs!

9. huntinwidow

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    Thanks! I am really pleased with this generation. [​IMG] Plan to have some for the chicken and egg festival. Presales only.

1 person likes this.
  10. mgray

mgray Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Alabama
    I went to Wilsonville yesterday, and got some Plymouth Rock pullets. They are so cute. I went to Chelsea Tractor Supply first. TS had Red sex links and Tetra Tints. They said that both were straight runs. I got some Golden Comets from TS last year thinking that I was only getting pullets. I was really surprised when one of my hens started crowing! I've never heard of Tetra Tints, and no one at TS could give me any information. I don't need any more roosters so I left empty handed and headed toward Wilsonville.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by