ALABAMA!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Michael_K, Jan 14, 2008.

1. silkiemomma42

silkiemomma42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    parrish, alabama
    I may just have to order as well. You don't want to feed layer to silkies because they don't need all that calcium. So I really need a starter grower feed for everyone and will offer oyster shells. :)

2. silkiemomma42

silkiemomma42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    parrish, alabama
    Tomtommom I'm glad you enjoyed your pizza! You certainly earned it. What an incredibly handsome fellow! Hoe old is he? Ours is 34weeks. I love your coop its so nice looking. :) I had never heard of the popsicles until now. I didn't even know that was am option. Bleh I threw up too... Cedar was born in a birth center in Knoxville by a midwife. We were going to use the pool and everything but he was severely impatient. Natural childbirth and 45 minutes of active labor. We were so lucky! I can't get over how cute your boy is! Mega awe!

3. hifidelity

hifidelity Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2013
    Oneonta, AL
    New user from near Oneonta. My wife and I have 12 Buff Orpingtons that are 8 and a half weeks old.

4. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Hi and Welcome from Perry Co. [​IMG]

5. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Love your coop and run! Very nice! And your little ones are sooooo cute!

6. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    Welcome hifidelity to BYC and the Alabama Thread. [​IMG] I am not too far from you in N. Jefferson Co.

7. BSisco

BSisco Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    The hubby and I spent the day building a new indoor area for our babies.... Turned out GREAT!!!! An loved sitting and watching them run and scratch trying to figure everything out. It is also very hodge podgy but didn't cost us anything so it works....lol. Now to get the coop started and transition then outside in time for new Dom babies in a few weeks (fingers crossed).

8. BSisco

BSisco Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Cullman, AL
    [​IMG]

9. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    He's 14 months. Had to schedule induction, because he was getting so big. I didn't want a C-section. He was 21 inches long, 9 lbs even. All the nurses and the doctors were amazed I went natural... I can kind of understand, a lot of American women are built much smaller... I'm built for it, got them child birthing hips *laugh*. My momma did it natural 3 times, she loves telling me how her water broke at the top of the stairs and I was crowning by the bottom of the stairs (TMI?). A big ol' needle to the spine was never an option to me. Ick.

I think I would've been faster if I'd been able to wait for nature. Once things started moving it was 15 minutes of active labor.

Nature is just wonderful. The body really doesn't let us deal with more than we can handle. If it gets too much, the brain makes sure we get numbed up.

Love that little man, too much so, I am afraid to have another... could never measure up to his cuteness [​IMG] (he's getting his black and orange hearing aids on the 12th! Excited! He's going to have so much fun talking. He speaks Gibberish very well. It all makes sense to him heehee soon he should be able to replace those words with the actual words that WE understand.)

We've got a thread full of feathery chicks and human chicks heehee

10. Jeanna Marie

Jeanna Marie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Brooksville, Alabama
    Welcome....I'm in blountsville/brooksville. I have six buff orpingtons.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by