ALABAMA!!

I've read a few other posts on wazine and some folks say let them drink for 24 hours then pour the rest out. At what age are they old enough for the wazine. I have 14 week olds and 7 week olds.
Jeanna Marie, I am still very new to chickens also! I only wormed mine once so far. I do not know if your birds are old enough to worm? You need someone more experienced than me to help you! I am sorry! Hopefully Chirpingcricket or Wisher will be on and can help you more!

I've read a few other posts on wazine and some folks say let them drink for 24 hours then pour the rest out. At what age are they old enough for the wazine. I have 14 week olds and 7 week olds.
Hey, Chicka is correct on the dose. Remember, Wazine will only paralyze any worms (round) in the chicks/hen's body. This prevents a toxic protein reaction if the worms were to die all at once inside your bird, could kill it. Once it is expelled to air, it dies. Any eggs shed in the soil, will be consumed and restart that cycle.

Once you have treated with Wazine, you will come back with, a wormer that will address the eggs and future outbreaks. I like Valbazen. You will no longer use the Wazine from that point on for routine worming.

This is just a brief overview, if you would like, PM me and I'll send you my research/recommendations and protocol. Your 14 week old chicks are fine. Are they presenting with droppings/worms? (looks like spaghetti) If you like, go ahead and wait a few more weeks on the younger ones, unless theyt are showing signs of worms, etc.
My thoughts, if their feet have been on the ground at 8 or 9 weeks, they need to be wormed. Especially in the south's humid/hot/wet climate.
Thanks and hope this helps.
thumbsup.gif

Ya'll, I can't even believe that I have to say this! I went out to tend my chickens this morning and something was not right. My birds were way to quiet and would not even come near me! Something was very wrong! Even my little turkey that wants to perch on my shoulder would not get near me! I did my chores! And then I saw one of my roosters trapped between my wire fences! No way could he have done that by himself! I had to go unlatch the wire to let him out! Then I decided to take a head count of all my birds. And one of my BA's and one of my JG's is gone! I am so mad! I just cannot believe it! I live in the middle of no where! I am just so angry that someone decided to come help themselves in the middle of the night to my birds and that they did not even have the stones to ASK me for what they wanted! I would have given them anything they wanted if they had just ASKED!!!!!!!! I am now wondering if they will be back for more??????

The arrogance of some people! I'm so sorry for your loss. Maybe it's time to hook up a camera for a few nights. This makes me want to go padlock my gate.
he.gif
Curses at the ingrates who take when they can ask.

Last edited:
Hey I just found this thread(yeah I'm slow). A lot to catch up on in this thread. Will read it later, just wanted to say hi! I am the proud momma of 10 chickens( 3 porcelain d'uccles, 2 mix breed hens, 1 mix breed rooster, 3 rir, and 2 red starts) 1 pregnant potbelly pig, 1 rabbit, 3 cats, 3 dogs, 2 frogs and a bearded dragon.

Welcome from Randolph County!! Woo hoo another reptile person!

Hey, Chicka is correct on the dose. Remember, Wazine will only paralyze any worms (round) in the chicks/hen's body. This prevents a toxic protein reaction if the worms were to die all at once inside your bird, could kill it. Once it is expelled to air, it dies. Any eggs shed in the soil, will be consumed and restart that cycle. Once you have treated with Wazine, you will come back with, a wormer that will address the eggs and future outbreaks. I like Valbazen. You will no longer use the Wazine from that point on for routine worming. This is just a brief overview, if you would like, PM me and I'll send you my research/recommendations and protocol. Your 14 week old chicks are fine. Are they presenting with droppings/worms? (looks like spaghetti) If you like, go ahead and wait a few more weeks on the younger ones, unless theyt are showing signs of worms, etc. My thoughts, if their feet have been on the ground at 8 or 9 weeks, they need to be wormed. Especially in the south's humid/hot/wet climate. Thanks and hope this helps.
thumbsup.gif
My 14 week olds have been out for about nine weeks. No signs of worms as of yet but with the heat humidity and rain I want them to stay healthy. My 7 week olds are in an outside brooder but get on ground at least twice a week.

The arrogance of some people! I'm so sorry for your loss. Maybe it's time to hook up a camera for a few nights. This makes me want to go padlock my gate.
he.gif
Curses at the ingrates who take when they can ask.
Thank you AParmer! We hooked up outside lights and I went to sleep early so that I could be up all night waiting for my dogs to bark! So far nothing!

Hey, Chicka is correct on the dose. Remember, Wazine will only paralyze any worms (round) in the chicks/hen's body. This prevents a toxic protein reaction if the worms were to die all at once inside your bird, could kill it. Once it is expelled to air, it dies. Any eggs shed in the soil, will be consumed and restart that cycle.

Once you have treated with Wazine, you will come back with, a wormer that will address the eggs and future outbreaks. I like Valbazen. You will no longer use the Wazine from that point on for routine worming.

This is just a brief overview, if you would like, PM me and I'll send you my research/recommendations and protocol. Your 14 week old chicks are fine. Are they presenting with droppings/worms? (looks like spaghetti) If you like, go ahead and wait a few more weeks on the younger ones, unless theyt are showing signs of worms, etc.
My thoughts, if their feet have been on the ground at 8 or 9 weeks, they need to be wormed. Especially in the south's humid/hot/wet climate.
Thanks and hope this helps.
thumbsup.gif
Thanks Chirp! I knew you would bail me out! lol
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom