ALABAMA!!

That is one glorious run!

The soil got softened a good bit by putting water on it over the course of the day, so we may me ok. Doing 4 holes tomorrow. We already set 2 posts in concrete on Monday. We've got several more to go, but a couple at a time will get us there.

I'm not covering mine, since it'll be under our extremely huge tulip tree. We ARE making it out of 6ft tall 2x3 welded wire. Predators are not an issue, aside from hawks occasionally (although I haven't seen one in a while). They've gotten very proficient at hopping fences, so up up up we go!

Speaking of which, I wonder what T.Moore feeds his birds. Those little things I hatched 2 weeks ago.... they're FLYING across the room. I am not certain they're really chickens. They're acting like wild animals.. emus or something
lol.png
Had to wash ms.Hawk-attack yesterday and sat her under the chick's heatlamp to dry (used some Dawn to finally get all that gunk out of her feathers.. so it took a while to dry her). They sat there pulling on her tail, jumping on her, flying out of their box (had to remove the cover for the big chicken). Those two are TROUBLE!
lau.gif

Chick starter from Thrashers in Bessemer. It is about 13 or 14 dollars for 50 lb., but I don't think you will need 50 lb. for a while.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. Just passing it along from the FB page:

"Open Invitation Poultry and Small Livestock Swap and Sale Grand Opening Celebration at Thompson's Feed and Farm Supply. Come on out and visit with us Saturday, September 21, 2013 for our Grand Opening and Open Invitation Poultry and Small Livestock Swap and Sale. We are located near Locust Fork in beautiful Blount County, Alabama. There will be food, drinks and lots of space to set up to sell your poultry and livestock. Set up starts at 7 am. For GPS users, the address is at 2740 County Road 15, Oneonta."

Back
Top Bottom