ALABAMA!!

Hey all, I just moved to Alabama (the Montgomery area) and am looking for a few pullets or laying hens to replenish my flock. I'm open to just about any breed, but prefer full size (not bantam). Does anyone have any for sale within an hour or so from Montgomery or have any tips for me?

Hey all, I just moved to Alabama (the Montgomery area) and am looking for a few pullets or laying hens to replenish my flock. I'm open to just about any breed, but prefer full size (not bantam). Does anyone have any for sale within an hour or so from Montgomery or have any tips for me?

Welcome to the Alabama!!! thread! I'm from Montgomery (currently out of state) and I can tell you your best bet is to look at the Montgomery craigslist and the Bulletin Board they sell in gas stations. A new one comes out every Thursday and they let you post free ads in it.

I'll be coming back in the next few months (sooner if things keep going they way they are) so maybe I'll have something once I replace my roo.

Still have chocolate bantam orpingtons roos and the blue partridge silkie roo. Let me know if you would like them! Really would like to sell these! Open to offers!! Thanks.

Still have chocolate bantam orpingtons roos and the blue partridge silkie roo. Let me know if you would like them! Really would like to sell these! Open to offers!! Thanks.
I'm afraid my neighbors would run me out of the neighborhood if I got roosters! Good luck finding them a new home.

Could everyone take a moment to share this for me? http://www.gofundme.com/56n870

My parents need help so I'm trying to get back home. Not asking anyone here to donate, just share please.

Just a small complaint about the site itself: my donation page won't show up until I get $100 donated to it.
sad.png
I don't like to ask friends to 'give me money'. Again though, I am not asking anyone here to donate. I just need some help getting this out there so I can get home to help my parents.

I may be leaving the site for good. I just got a message letting me know that I posted something 'inappropriate'. They should just take down the whole Family section if that's the case. I remember when asking for help on here wasn't frowned on. Go figure.

I may be leaving the site for good. I just got a message letting me know that I posted something 'inappropriate'. They should just take down the whole Family section if that's the case. I remember when asking for help on here wasn't frowned on. Go figure.
What is the family section called?

Bit random... but does anyone keep hermit crabs? At one point we had 25ish of them in a 55 gallon. I kept rescueing them from petstores and owners, often with mites, lost limbs, deformities etc. I've been in the crabbing world for 10 years.. *laugh* a long time. After I lost some of my favorites to tough molts, I have gotten discouraged and stopped adopting. We're down to three and I am pretty done with it. Just hoping to find someone that's got some experience with them and wouldn't mind adding three to their 'herd'. I wont be able to give you the tank (it's my fiance's old fish tank... I downsized and sold the other tank), but I have tons (and I mean TONS) of extra shells in all sizes and water dishes and such.

If I recall correctly it's two of the 'purple pincher' Coenobita Clypeatus and one Coenobita Rugosus.. kids are sleeping, so I can't check. Not that it really matters, they require the same care. They're about a pingpong ball size, raised 'em from the size of a grape and they can grow to be the size of a grapefruit (50+ years). The last time I've gotten a 'new' crab was in 2006, so they're WELL established crabs that wont just keel over on you. They're used to living in playsand. I don't even keep gauges in the tank anymore, Alabama weather is perfect for these guys.

Bit random... but does anyone keep hermit crabs? At one point we had 25ish of them in a 55 gallon. I kept rescueing them from petstores and owners, often with mites, lost limbs, deformities etc. I've been in the crabbing world for 10 years.. *laugh* a long time. After I lost some of my favorites to tough molts, I have gotten discouraged and stopped adopting. We're down to three and I am pretty done with it. Just hoping to find someone that's got some experience with them and wouldn't mind adding three to their 'herd'. I wont be able to give you the tank (it's my fiance's old fish tank... I downsized and sold the other tank), but I have tons (and I mean TONS) of extra shells in all sizes and water dishes and such.

If I recall correctly it's two of the 'purple pincher' Coenobita Clypeatus and one Coenobita Rugosus.. kids are sleeping, so I can't check. Not that it really matters, they require the same care. They're about a pingpong ball size, raised 'em from the size of a grape and they can grow to be the size of a grapefruit (50+ years). The last time I've gotten a 'new' crab was in 2006, so they're WELL established crabs that wont just keel over on you. They're used to living in playsand. I don't even keep gauges in the tank anymore, Alabama weather is perfect for these guys.
I had them when I was litle. Loved them. no room now. To many chickens. I hope you find someone. Maybe a teacher would take them for a classroom.

Back
Top Bottom