ALABAMA!!

Hey ya'll we need to keep an eye on this: Califorinia wants us to give our chickens more room in their coops! How does Calif. get to tell us what to do with our chickens?

http://yellowhammernews.com/statepo...ve-chickens-roomier-accommodations-seriously/

Wow. Although some may love californias pot, we dont try to tell them how many plants per sq ft they should have. They need to stfu
Did you read the article or just the title?

You could try poppas brooder here on BYC he has wonderful stock. He is highly recommended as a breeder and I have ordered some of his hatching eggs. He is not NPIP but you could have them tested at 3 months old. Just keep them in a brooder till then. That is what I did and mine were healthy.

Ok, a breeder HAS to be NPIP certified to ship chicks to Alabama. I'm sure there's been plenty that have been shipped without, but they can totally be confiscated and destroyed if whatever government agency that deals with that stuff finds out they're in transit. Basically, don't do it.
hmm.png

"Alabama:
*** POULTRY & HATCHING EGGS *** 1. All chickens, turkeys, or other poultry entering Alabama for purposes other than immediate slaughter must be accompanied by an official Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. a. Any hatching eggs or poultry under 5 months of age, including baby chicks, turkey poults, or other newly hatched domestic poultry produced under the supervision of the National Poultry Improvement Plan will be deemed to have met with the requirements of this regulation; provided all of the requirements of NPIP are complied with and furnished to the official state agency. These properly completed NPIP forms may be used in lieu of the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection. b. Chickens, turkeys or other poultry over 5 months of age intended for breeding purposes shall not be imported into Alabama unless they have passed a negative agglutination test for Pullorum-Typhoid disease in which no reactors were disclosed (testing must be conducted under the supervision of a state animal health official within 30 days preceding date of importation), or have originated from flocks participating in such Pullorum-Typhoid control and eradication phase of the National Poultry Improvement Plan as may be adopted in the state of origin which shall be Pullorum-Typhoid clean. Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is required. c. Poultry consigned to an approved slaughter establishment are exempt from Certificates of Veterinary Inspection. They may enter Alabama with an accompanying waybill, bill of sale, or permit issued by state or federal officials of the state of origin. d. All other movements must be under permit from the State Veterinarian."

Saw some plastic type fencing at lowes today.Iactually tried to break it but couldnt. Seems like the perfect material to build a run with. Its 4ft x 50 ft for $26. Have any of u tried working with it? Its a dark green color

I think that may be the same stuff I use for a divider in my coop.

I actually cuts real easily. Not with bare hands, but if I pull on a section that's being held by a regular little staple, the plastic cuts, rather than pull the staple out.

Go with welded wire for a run. The stuff with the 2x3 or 2x4 holes doesn't cost much (I think I paid around $70 or $80 for 100 feet of the 6 foot tall stuff) and will keep larger animals out of your run. Your chickens sleep in a coop, right? Then they should be fine at night.

Hey ya'll we need to keep an eye on this: Califorinia wants us to give our chickens more room in their coops! How does Calif. get to tell us what to do with our chickens?

http://yellowhammernews.com/statepo...ve-chickens-roomier-accommodations-seriously/

Sounds... silly. California can't really force another state to do anything. They worst they can do is say "Hey Alabama, we don't want your eggs anymore." Big whoop... only like 50 other states left to sell to
lol.png
Crazy Cali folk.... doncha know everything causes cancer in the state of California
wink.png

This is not the first time people on this thread have bashed on California or another state. I find it offensive. Certainly not the first time someone has made a statement about a topic they did not fully understand. You should know what you are passing on before posting.

I am from California and have lived in several of the states made fun of on here. I don't appreciate reading these comments.

This is not the first time people on this thread have bashed on California or another state. I find it offensive. Certainly not the first time someone has made a statement about a topic they did not fully understand. You should know what you are passing on before posting.

I am from California and have lived in several of the states made fun of on here. I don't appreciate reading these comments.

Calm down... woah. "Bashing" seems a bit much. A small joke, because everything always says "known to cause cancer in the state of California". There's a joke for every state out there.. Alabama seems to be the butt of many a joke.

I don't think this particular thing is a big deal. They're stricter in a lot of health regulations in California, and that's perfectly ok. And Alabama prefers to be Alabama, and not California. And that's ok too.

Calm down... woah. "Bashing" seems a bit much. A small joke, because everything always says "known to cause cancer in the state of California". There's a joke for every state out there.. Alabama seems to be the butt of many a joke.

I don't think this particular thing is a big deal. They're stricter in a lot of health regulations in California, and that's perfectly ok. And Alabama prefers to be Alabama, and not California. And that's ok too.
Telling someone to calm down is condescending. And yes Alabama has things that could be said about it but I haven't because it would be rude. One small joke is not a big deal but it has happened several times since I have been on here. Not just California but towards other states or groups. There is never a reason to make those kinds of comments. If I don't say something, it will happen again. And no, everything does not cause cancer in California. You are making a general false statement that has nothing to back it up. That maybe your impression of California but that does not make it true.

Telling someone to calm down is condescending. And yes Alabama has things that could be said about it but I haven't because it would be rude. One small joke is not a big deal but it has happened several times since I have been on here. Not just California but towards other states or groups. There is never a reason to make those kinds of comments. If I don't say something, it will happen again. And no, everything does not cause cancer in California. You are making a general false statement that has nothing to back it up. That maybe your impression of California but that does not make it true.

..It's a joke. I tried to explain what I meant by it, but I see that's not having any effect. If you have decided you are going to be angry about something minor, I am not going to be able to change your mind on that.

Sorry I offended, seriously not meant to. I'd tell you to lighten up, but that would probably be condescending too.

I was born and raised and raised my kids in California. I am not bashing California! I am simply trying to make some people that may find this article interesting in the fact that if the courts side with Calif. then Al. will no longer be able to sell eggs to Calif. That would hurt our economy even more here. Alabama is a very poor state and we can't afford to loose any source of income. But Calif. certainly has the right to buy from whom ever they want to!

Back
Top Bottom