ALABAMA!!

Hi, Im in mobile, I have easter eggers, cherry eggers doms, jersey giants, leghorns, production reds, cochins, sultans, Russian orlof and barred rocks

Jen

Orps, what do you have left?

On another note.

I'm reconsidering my flock. I'm just not thrilled with it. I've got a couple birds I enjoy, but then also some I just keep because they lay...but I don't really like them. Eggs are nice ofcourse..

I've considered getting a rooster and being pro-active about keeping him quiet (putting him indoors at night), but then again, do I really want to deal with that stress? I would just really love to have a self perpetuating flock: a rooster and birds that get broody every now and again. I'd like more mutt chickens... calico looking easter eggers. Not really loving my hatchery production birds. It seems they're burning themselves out. I'm getting 5-6 eggs out of 9 girls, while last year I was getting 6-8 eggs a day. They're barely a year old...

Anyway, that's just me musing.

I need more ladies a laying! 5 eggs a day isn't cutting it for us.
3-three months old -Old english Bantam- 2 black breast red male and 1-silver duckwing female
2-Easter Egger. I think they are 4 weeks old -1 black 1 wheaten???- straight run
And some of my quails

hi there, im in mobile as well, nice to meet you....when youre ready for chicks let me know as im always ordering, could save you the shipping fees.

3-three months old -Old english Bantam- 2 black breast red male and 1-silver duckwing female
2-Easter Egger. I think they are 4 weeks old -1 black 1 wheaten???- straight run
And some of my quails

I may take those EE's off your hands. With my luck they're both boys.
lol.png

Orps, what do you have left?

On another note.

I'm reconsidering my flock. I'm just not thrilled with it. I've got a couple birds I enjoy, but then also some I just keep because they lay...but I don't really like them. Eggs are nice ofcourse.. 

I've considered getting a rooster and being pro-active about keeping him quiet (putting him indoors at night), but then again, do I really want to deal with that stress? I would just really love to have a self perpetuating flock: a rooster and birds that get broody every now and again. I'd like more mutt chickens... calico looking easter eggers. Not really loving my hatchery production birds. It seems they're burning themselves out. I'm getting 5-6 eggs out of 9 girls, while last year I was getting 6-8 eggs a day. They're barely a year old...

Anyway, that's just me musing.

I need more ladies a laying! 5 eggs a day isn't cutting it for us.

Are you also looking for more color in the egg basket? Something like this:

I don't have a photo as they are still chicks, I bought them from purelypoultry.com they have their breed description there.

Back
Top Bottom