ALABAMA!!

Morning everyone! Hi Chirp!
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th!
celebrate.gif

I ordered 9 turkey poults and 6 welsummer chicks last night! It will be a couple weeks before I get them, but I am very excited! I had a hard time finding the poults! I had pre-paid a feed store for some, then found out they were only getting two breeds and not the ones I wanted! But at least I did find some! So excited! Can hardly wait!!!!
wee.gif

That's exciting. And of course you know we will be expecting pictures

thumbsup.gif
You go girl.....I'm starting to wonder about raising turkeys, hmmmm, strictly for the freezer. I guess I need to start reading up on you turkey experts, what breed and what's involved, costs, length of time.....! With DH's gout, turkey and chicken are the main meat choices???? Now, how to get that passed DH?????....since he said No More Building Pens!!!
Chirp, I would think a couple of turkey in the early spring and a couple in the late fall would do the two of you for the year? Maybe not? For the time being my turkey are all in with my hens. They all get along and my turkey protect the hens! lol Every time biscuit gets near the pen the turkey make an alarm sound that warns the birds to get away from him! I am raising heritage turkey. But look up heritage turkey and alot of info comes up! I have read it all! Plus Arielle on the turkey for 2013 has been a great asset along with several others!
They are very amusing to watch!
GO FOR IT!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Chicken math has finally hit my hubby...lol. He has decided that we need another, or maybe 2, Amercaunia hen to "replace" (we all know we came replace our special babies) our little Blue girl we lost a few weeks ago. One of our roos has gotten very lonely since she's been gone. So if anyone knows of any blue (or maybe lavender since she was real light grey she may have been considered lavender) Amercaunia hens for sale near the Cullman County area please let me know. Thanks!!!!

Try huntinwidow on BYC. I got my blue and black americaunaus from her last year. She is working on egg color.

Does anyone know someone who have button quails for sale around the Birmingham area?

Back
Top Bottom