ALABAMA!!

Our chicks are beginning to lay. Well we find the eggs in the barn in random places along with in their nests. Well hubby has found two now that were not out in the sun (they were in the barn) that look like they were sun bleached on one side and somewhat discolored in places. It is a brown egg. Is this normal for beginning layers? I can post a picture later if needed.

Chirp & friends,
Just wondering if anyone can tell the sex of my approx 4 week old EE?

[/IMG]

Our chicks are beginning to lay. Well we find the eggs in the barn in random places along with in their nests. Well hubby has found two now that were not out in the sun (they were in the barn) that look like they were sun bleached on one side and somewhat discolored in places. It is a brown egg. Is this normal for beginning layers? I can post a picture later if needed.
Hey, Congrats on the laying....;) the first eggs can be a little puzzling sometimes as they are getting their "plumbing and ink dept. adjusted". They should become more regular shaped and colored on the next week or so . Make sure they have the oyster shell for calcium, if the egg is looking thin/fragile, if its rough etc, their calcium distribution should balance out soon. Send pics if you like, they are always fun. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom