ALABAMA!!

Don't stop there. Go ahead and get a copy of the law/ordinance. See if there is a way to have a small number classified as pets and ask for a variance. Find out if you can keep them if you have the blessings of your neighbors. Promise them that if there is any unpleasant smell or noise, you will correct it or get rid of them. Promise fresh eggs will be shared! Don't give up! Ask around and see if anyone else has had covert chickens who was made to give them up. See if they will join you in your campaign.

Last edited:
Certainly, laws are changed all the time! You just need to be careful and don't paint anyone into a corner. Be tactful but persistent. If you are in their faces, everyday, being nice, but always looking for a way to make it happen.... legally...... they may give you a variance just to shut you up!
gig.gif
You CAN fight city hall!

Last edited:
12 is better..... just sayin'.............

I'm up to 18 and planning on acquiring a few more within the next couple of months. My husband is suddenly becoming aware of this thing called chicken math and keeps asking me every week, "So, how many chickens are you planning on having? Isn't 18 enough?"
gig.gif
Silly man. The answer to the question "how many chickens is enough" is the same as the answer to the question "how many firearms is enough" --- Answer: Whatever number you have + one!
big_smile.png

Well, I got 30 eggs in my fridge, and that's after eating some this morning.. and I haven't gathered todays eggs (my girls like to lay between 10 and 2).

It's enough.
lau.gif

I can't get folks to take them, what's up with that? I offered them to folks and nobody wants them.. like they're scared or something. I don't get it. We have a community garden nearby and there's food rotting off the vine.. so it's an epidemic.
hmm.png

Help, lost one of our one month olds this am & the barred rocks eye looks like its shrunken & possibly having some discharge from it. Vitamins in the water, put neosporin on barred rock. She's not acting 100%, but still eating & drinking. What can we do?

Back
Top Bottom