ALABAMA!!

I have a gorgeous pair of Indian Runner ducks from Holderread lines that were hatched out of eggs from Moose Manor Farms in Maryland. The drake is lavender pencil, and the duck is brown pencil. These guys are very friendly, comical and entertaining. They are breeding age and should start producing eggs later this fall which is what the breed is known for. I have decided to keep the Welsh Harlequins which are also beautiful friendly birds. Both breeds are just lovely, but along with the pastel call ducks and sebbies, I am cutting back to have only one standard breed duck. I am NPIP certified and located in Calera. $40 for the pair.
Could we make it 30 for the pair? Or maybe I could just get one, and how much could I pay for just one? @kimberly35042

Do you still have any of the chicks left? I've been looking for some silkies a while now, I might just get one or two Chickie's
smile.png
I hope you have some left, I'm excited !!
big_smile.png
I have some but I'm near Tuscaloosa.

I wanted to make the announcement, here, that one of the great poultry men and an Alabama resident, Bob Blosl has died. I don't know if any of you knew him, or knew of his reputation, but it is truly a blow for the poultry community. If you want to read some of his posts or comments from his friends, go to any of his threads. He started threads on Heritage Large Fowl, Heritage Rhode Island Reds (his passion) and Heritage Bantams. We will always miss him.

Last edited:
I wanted to make the announcement, here, that one of the great poultry men and an Alabama resident, Bob Blosl has died.  I don't know if any of you knew him, or knew of his reputation, but it is truly a blow for the poultry community.  If you want to read some of his posts or comments from his friends, go to any of his threads.  He started threads on Heritage Large Fowl, Heritage Rhode Island Reds (his passion) and Heritage Bantams.  We will always miss him.

Had hoped to finally meet him this Saturday in Robertsdale...a neighbor who lived so close by, but I had yet to meet...his passing has hit our local neighborhood community hard and unexpected.

We'll certainly miss his love for chickens and his love for the folks that love them too.

His legacy will live on through his compassion and respect for people first, and their chickens.
Followed by his love to teach, his written word... and in the memories of folks who knew him well.
Be kind to all...Chirp

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and to keeping chickens. I currently have 9 in my flock, two adult hens and the remainder are pullets. I would like to add to my numbers at some point, but I'm beginning to see a pattern in that most people here seem to want to do that as well. :) I'm happy to know that there is a community here that is relatively local (within the state) that I can chat up about various chicken-related topics and concerns.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and to keeping chickens.  I currently have 9 in my flock, two adult hens and the remainder are pullets.  I would like to add to my numbers at some point, but I'm beginning to see a pattern in that most people here seem to want to do that as well.  :)  I'm happy to know that there is a community here that is relatively local (within the state) that I can chat up about various chicken-related topics and concerns.

Cheers!
Welcome to the best bunch of chicken enablers in town! :)
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom