ALABAMA!!

Sad news. I didnt get to go last year but was planning on going this coming year.
http://whnt.com/2013/11/05/alabama-chicken-and-egg-festival-comes-to-an-end/
Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went this last spring and it was my first time. My blue silkie pullet won Best of Variety there. I was planning on going again! It's the closest to me! Now no more.
th.gif

Well, as a reason it states it just got too big. No reason someone else can't start something ;-) BYC Alabama convention.. hmmm? On Facebook there's several smaller chicken groups that do potluck meetings and such, with little chicken shows and trades.

never heard of something shutting down because it was doing too good?????
I volunteered at the west Alabama State Fair and I volunteer for several organizations. People rarely show up whenthey say they will so there are a few people that end up doing everything. The few people that do show, don't work they are just there to socialize. At the fair, so many of the vendors didn't show, showed up late, only came for a few days, closed early, ran out of their product, were dishonest and tried to rip people off.

The article said not enough volunteers and unprofessional vendors. So it makes sense. I was really looking forward to the fair. It is the not the only thing that has been canceled or shut down for this reason.

Not sure if I said anything, but this year I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo. The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days and have fun doing it. I am way behind because I ditched the first one I was writing due to the fact that I couldn't get past 2000 words. My new book is at 11000 words far!
celebrate.gif
I'm writing a fantasy novel, which I know well, and due to the world I'm writing about already existing. My brother and I came up with it last year when he came up with several characters and asked me to write a book series. I would only ever do that for him. I wanted to write our first book for NaNo, but I accidentally left the character sheets behind in a box we didn't have room to bring. At least I know I have what it takes to get me this far. Wish me luck on getting the next 39,000 words written and my book finished!

My first hatch!

Two Austrlorp cross, two leghorn cross, two RIR cross and one Buckeye! Then the mystery exotic from MMcM hatchery which I think is a silver laced Wyonette (sp) shipped and a arrived a week before these hatched. He came with meat birds which are already 3x his size.

I tell you the Little Giant sucks but was the only one available. Temp spike to 108 and I lost 5 eggs which had already veined. Nothing was touched, it just would go up and down all day long.

I had two buckeye chicks but one caught that junk it's attached too after it hatches to to the little giant thermometer and pulled out its yolk sac.

Just put more into a new hovabator :) wish me luck!

Hey Yall!
This devildog is still alive and kicking. Back in bama, waaay out in west limestone county. Nicely out in the country and working on recovering from the year from hell. Spending all my free time working on the new chicken house, and getting it ready to be mobile as soon as the next move rolls around. Serious flock rebuilding will be starting ASAP. Yall can message me any time and keep in touch. Semper FI -MCF

Back
Top Bottom