ALABAMA!!

No, I came home with nothing.
hit.gif
I was already out and about and forgot to ask what he had before I went there. The SIlver Laced Wyandottes looked kinda like EE's to me .. not much silver and definitely chipmunk looking BUT being a newb what do I really know? I forgot to look at their leg color.
At least the black sex links were solid black like they were supposed to be and not with a white dot on their head. I was really hoping for a bantam assortment so I could get a couple silkie's. They had them all caged off with 4 of those portable horse corral panels so I couldn't get a good look at them between that and a 2yo. I had to make the decision between.. did I want some of those breeds bad enough to upset hubby who thinks I have too many already.. so .. no.
sad.png

I got there maybe 20m after they got them and let them out. They only had water in the pens so far and some of the staff was wondering why they were still chirping so much poor chickies.

They were putting them in the tubs while I was there *laugh* They let them drink water for an hour, before giving them food. It can better to let them settle down a bit first. Kind of like you really shouldn't sit down and scarf a bunch of food after you ran a marathon sort of thing.

Fort Payne got theirs! I went, of course! Brought home 12 cornish rocks and 4 pekin ducks. They had red pullets, rir straight run and straight run barred rocks. I know nothing about these litte quackers so I am reading.

Last edited:
Wow, how did you get out with only 4 ducks? The ones down here said that there was a new law stating a minimum of 6 ducks (and we can't mix numbers with chicks).

Last edited:
Man those baby ducks at ozark tsc are so cool looking. I need some1 to go in halves with me on 6. I dont have enough space for 6. I could do 3 and be comfortable with my ghetto brooder. I just dont want to overcrowd em like i did my chicks and have to give some away.

My dark Brahma Rooster (2 years old) didn't crow until almost 4 months old.  My light Brahma (1year old) started just before 3 months old. Dark just started crowing one day and the Light barked like a dog for about a week first. But they tend to only crow in the morning or when scared.  My silkies are my loud ones. any time and all day. But my partridge silkie will hum with me.
both of mine are sounding like a bobcat caught in a blender. They were born nov22. My little girls run around saying the f word all day. Never heard of 1 humming. My wife wants to know how u did that?

Wow, how did you get out with only 4 ducks? The ones down here said that there was a new law stating a minimum of 6 ducks (and we can't mix numbers with chicks).

It used to be 2 ducks, 6 chicks last year. The staff at TSC was actually discussing it, because the sign seemed to suggest 6 chicks or 6 ducks and they were like 'No.. it's two ducks.." Ofcourse my big mouth had to get into it
lol.png
"It's just so stupid parents dont buy their kids chicks/ducks for Easter" and they all agreed. So if you can show you have chickens/ducks... they probably wouldn't care. They're not going to get into legal trouble over it.

It was 6 chicks and 2 ducks at the Dothan TSC cause I bought two ducks as well lol...also bought 9 chicks to get me started all are doing well together :)

Back
Top Bottom