ALABAMA!!

When the heck did they get those in? :lol: Also, 3? Man, they must just hate me (or just that mean cranky man that sold all the wyandottes while I stood there).

I got 4 Wyamdottes at the Byron GA TSC. They are about a month old now and they are getting wing feathers with the silver in them. Sorry you didn't get any. I can't wait to see them fully feathered. My granddaughter is my partner in the chickens. When I showed her pictires of the adults she said oh boy zebra chickens! Good Luck with your chickens. I have a nephew in Macalla.

This spot is on the back of my rooster right in front of his tail feathers.If you look close you will see a raised spot to the left with some small feathers coming out of it. Not sure what this is. I put some neosporin on it. Should I pull the small feathers out? Anyone else ever see this?

Well, dad (might) be getting chicks soon. The idea is to end up with at least one roo and a some hens. He's had horrible luck finding a RIR roo to replace Red since dad sold him last year. I look on craigslist from time to time, but never find one.
hmm.png

I'm still working on getting home. Things have been pretty crazy around here.

Today is Smudge kitty's 16th birthday. I can't find a pic of her to save my life and I know I have some.

Due to ill scheduled vacation in mid April, I could not set my sebastopol eggs this weekend. $15 each with minimum of 5. As usual, there were some clear eggs first 2 settings, but 27 of 28 set over last 2 weekends are fertile. Local pickup only / no shipping.

I was able to get some more chicks. I got six more. This time golden comets pullets. I am thrilled. It took long enough to get them though, I waited an extra week. At first I wasn't sure how my older chicks would handle having the little ones, but they love them too. So now I have a dozen chicks, and two ducks. And the luck of the Irish was with me, because they are all female! I was thinking that I may have gotten a roo in there, but nope--all ladies.

Back
Top Bottom