ALABAMA!!

Hi Kim.....
welcome-byc.gif
and the Alabama thread. Tell us what you have !!

I'm thinking about hatching Ducky Girl's eggs, but there's a problem. I have absolutely no luck hatching duck eggs. So here's my question for those of you that have no problems getting them to hatch day: how do you do it? Am I doing something wrong? Are they really that different from hatching chickens?

go for it! The aren't hard....just incredibly messy to brood!

Last edited:
Hi Kim.....
welcome-byc.gif
and the Alabama thread. Tell us what you have !!

I have chickens ( several types) 4 ducks, a goose, about 18 New Zealand White rabbits, and two Flemish rabbits, Two chiweenie dogs, and a cockatiel. A friend has promised me a sheep when her ewe has babies.

hide.gif
I never have any luck hatching them. I've decided that if she isn't broody by March 7th I'll set some eggs for the Easter HAL. Dad agrees, so everything is all good.

The only differences that I know of are that it has to have higher humidity for ducks (an extra sprinkle of water daily should take care of that)
and that ducks take longer.

I hate brooding ducks.
sickbyc.gif
But they're dad's so I end up doing it anyway.
roll.png
That's ok, the quail are his too, but I love hatching them. Maybe they'll start laying again. They laid twice and them gave up again.
hu.gif

I'm thinking about hatching Ducky Girl's eggs, but there's a problem. I have absolutely no luck hatching duck eggs. So here's my question for those of you that have no problems getting them to hatch day: how do you do it? Am I doing something wrong? Are they really that different from hatching chickens?

I had some duck eggs under a broody once. A friend thought it would be funny. I thought they were EE eggs. I made her take the ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom