ALABAMA!!

Hey Bama people! I'm new to the forums and just found this thread. I'm down in SouthEast AL. I live in Enterprise and I have a small backyard flock- 3 brahmas who just started laying and 4 Ameraucanas (who may actually be EEs) that are 4-6weeks old. I have to come read Backyard Chickens to feel normal. My husband and most of my family think I'm crazy! I think it scared him a little when I jumped out of bed at 5am this morning to try to kill an opossum who got into the run with a pitchfork
1f633.png

Welcome!

I've done that.....

Hey Bama people! I'm new to the forums and just found this thread. I'm down in SouthEast AL. I live in Enterprise and I have a small backyard flock- 3 brahmas who just started laying and 4 Ameraucanas (who may actually be EEs) that are 4-6weeks old. I have to come read Backyard Chickens to feel normal. My husband and most of my family think I'm crazy! I think it scared him a little when I jumped out of bed at 5am this morning to try to kill an opossum who got into the run with a pitchfork
1f633.png

Hi from Dallas county and :welcome

1f633.png

gig.gif

Welcome! You're not crazy, they are. Why wouldn't you protect your oh so amazing chickens? Really!

Thanks for the welcome everyone
1f60a.png
@Bamadude kill that overgrown rat! I went out to dispose of the one I thought I killed this morning but that sucker was gone. I don't know how he survived our tussle. Guess I need to sharpen my pitchfork!

Hey Y'all
frow.gif
Just joined last month but just found this forum today! I am anxiously waiting for my chick order due Mid April, trying to get a coop and run built and everything ready. I have been reading through all the information (and there is a lot here!) and trying to learn as much as I can before hand. I'm down here on the Coast...Mobile. RTR!

I caught a possum in my trap last night.
Any suggestions on what to do with it?
I posted on craigslist " Free Possum". I doubt if anyone will want it

Eat it? Kill it, feed it to the chickens?

My birds got a hermit crab today. It had died
hide.gif
waste not, want not. Most expensive treat ever. (I think I paid $4.99 for it in like... 2006)

Hey Y'all :frow Just joined last month but just found this forum today! I am anxiously waiting for my chick order due Mid April, trying to get a coop and run built and everything ready. I have been reading through all the information (and there is a lot here!) and trying to learn as much as I can before hand. I'm down here on the Coast...Mobile. RTR!

Hi and :welcome from Dallas county.
RTR!
Learning is an on going process that never ends.Something is always changing or being improved upon.

Hey Y'all
frow.gif
Just joined last month but just found this forum today! I am anxiously waiting for my chick order due Mid April, trying to get a coop and run built and everything ready. I have been reading through all the information (and there is a lot here!) and trying to learn as much as I can before hand. I'm down here on the Coast...Mobile. RTR!
Welcome! RTR This site really is a great place to find info. I've almost been here almost 4 years and I'm still learning new stuff.

Back
Top Bottom