ALABAMA!!

​You are allowed to sell or buy chicks but only from a NPIP, AI clean hatchery. Which I am :)azy. It doesn't have to be a npip hatchery any one can sell chicks and eggs per department of agraculture state of alabama. You can sell out of yard just cant sell from a group environment such as auctions flea markets etc. But thanks for the info

All five of my September pullets are laying as of yesterday!
1f389.png
1f37e.png
1f389.png

I have two February chicks (a Buff Orpington and another Speckled Sussex) waiting to be picked up at a coworker's place. With the stop movement order, I've been hesitant to start the integration process, even though her flock has been completely healthy. But I really want to get these girls integrated before my chicks arrive from Meyer in July (chicken math is real! - but these should be my last babies for a while).

It is my understanding that we are on a stop movement and that birds were not to be moved but then I was at Tractor Supply today  and they were selling chicks.   I personally will not let anything on my property right now, especially since I already have birds.  I was hoping to move a few birds out myself but with the ban,  we are staying put.   (The roosters will just have to get along for a while longer)
Bought chicks at TSC Monday and they said that they could sell because they were using a state approved hatchery. They intend to.continue to sell so I.will be there Thursday to see what they get in.

Back
Top Bottom