ALABAMA!!

Howdy, used to live in Daphne, then Seminole after I retired, but moved up to the Andalusia area after flood insurance priced me out of my home. Loving it up here.. Just found a huge chicken farm not 9 miles from me.. trying to contact them now.
Tell me about it. We live next to 5 Mile Creek in Jefferson County. FEMA, in their infinite wisdom (not), recently changed it from a "flood zone" to a "floodway." Despite the fact that in 75 years (we bought the house from my in-laws) the inevitable flooding has never gotten into the house, the premiums went up, and up, and up, until they were pushing $1,500 a year on top of $1,500 a year for "normal" homeowner's insurance. We recently paid off the house and I've never been so happy to see the back of someone as saying goodbye to FEMA and NFIP.

Hello all! I am in need of pullets- Birmingham area. I lost SEVEN birds in one evening. We went to the race track in Sayre, and my girls were all out and refused to go in. So I said " well, I will close their coop and pen when we get back in. We wont be TOO late". Wouldnt you know that in those four hours I was gone, something came and took my girls, and momma hens five babies.
I got momma hen new babies, but I am lookin for a few hens and pullets to pad the flock because now I have four roosters and not enough girls.
Just south of Birmingham, unfortunately no hens for you though.

Tell me about it. We live next to 5 Mile Creek in Jefferson County. FEMA, in their infinite wisdom (not), recently changed it from a "flood zone" to a "floodway." Despite the fact that in 75 years (we bought the house from my in-laws) the inevitable flooding has never gotten into the house, the premiums went up, and up, and up, until they were pushing $1,500 a year on top of $1,500 a year for "normal" homeowner's insurance. We recently paid off the house and I've never been so happy to see the back of someone as saying goodbye to FEMA and NFIP.
Mine went from $500 a year on a 600 sqft house to over $2000 a year. I'm retired and knew it was coming to a point where I couldn't keep up financially. So I sold the place.

ooops no you and I.. Im in Jefferson County not far from five mile creek. I misread.
Yup, when I lived in Baldwin County (Seminole) I was only 7 miles from the gulf by the way the bird flies. Now I'm north of the panhandle of FL. No flooding where I'm at. It was the first thing I checked on the flood plain maps before checking this house out.

Yup, when I lived in Baldwin County (Seminole) I was only 7 miles from the gulf by the way the bird flies. Now I'm north of the panhandle of FL. No flooding where I'm at. It was the first thing I checked on the flood plain maps before checking this house out.
I love the gulf- Dauphin Island is my most favorite place on Earth!

Back
Top Bottom