ALABAMA!!

@MayMay05 - When I lived closer to that area, I actually found results with using local papers and Craigslist to find sale animals or post an ad with what I was looking for. I found an older lady near Autaugaville with the perfect hens for me. But you never know, I posted a wanted ad here a few years ago for a male Khaki Campbell and the man was actually going to take them to auction, and met me before the sale at the local gas station so we could get the sweet duck. I think Montgomery Advertiser's "The Bulletin Board" still is around, but not sure how active it is. Also, check Facebook and see if you have a nice poultry group near you.

@GingerRose - welcome to the BYC community and to the Alabama thread! Alpine is a nice little place - pretty close close to Childersburg right? What kind of poultry and livestock do you have?
No livestock... yet...
We just moved here in October '21. I have a few separate flocks of chickens and a pair of peafowl.
We purchased an older home that we are living in while we remodel it.
I have some egg layer hens - 4 Light Brahma, 2 Blue Copper Marans, 1 Coachin, 2 Heritage RIR, 2 White Leghorn, 3 mixes and a Brahma roo in a large run with a nice hen house. I have 2 flocks of Silkies, Black and White. I also have flock of a game chicken, not sure of the breed, but they are lovely to look at and the hens sing all day, a roo and 3 hens.
At this very moment, I am watching nuggets hatch in the incubator. So far 12 chicks hatched and only 1 looks weak, may not make it.
6 are pipping and 4 are moving a little. 12 Silkie chicks with momma, 3 Brahma chicks with momma and a game hen on some eggs. I don't know how many, she attacks me if I get too close. She is sweet when she isn't on eggs, LoL.
So, none of these hatching, outside of the incubator was planned, it just sort of happened..

Back
Top Bottom