ALABAMA!!

Quote:
Take a day trip and come north. I have about 100 large fowl and around 30 bantam cochins and some turkeys. I have Delawares, Black Orps, Speckled Sussex, Light Sussex, BLRW, Ameracana, White Java, Welsummers, and Barnevelder. I have BBS Bantam and Frizzle Cochins.

Have a Blessed night
Roy

Quote:
Take a day trip and come north. I have about 100 large fowl and around 30 bantam cochins and some turkeys. I have Delawares, Black Orps, Speckled Sussex, Light Sussex, BLRW, Ameracana, White Java, Welsummers, and Barnevelder. I have BBS Bantam and Frizzle Cochins.

Have a Blessed night
Roy

My old truck would tear me up on the gas bill 12-15 mpg if I'm lucky

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys I found a nearby neighbor that pointed me to someone that had some that they were giving away. Its a mixed up looking flock but I'm happy with them. ......I only have one problem Two look like they have scaly leg mites any tips on how to get rid of them. The guy who gave them to me said put vegetable oil on the their feet & shanks every 2 days until it clears up. Will that work or is there something better to use?

Quote:
I just read pretty much the same thing on a university site about showing chickens, it said to use olive oil, petroleum jelly, or ??? can't remember the 3rd thing, LOL.

Quote:
I did!

They dont have shows for them but the CHicken guy that sets up at the Santuck Fleamarket brought in pairs of about 20 - 30 types of chickesn to show everyone that there was something other than KFC - including silkies, cochins, polish, pheonix, and just about everything else. they also had the muscovy ducklings and pekin ducklings in the little exhibit in the back. They always give them away after the fair - but this year i couldnt get them =/ they wanted to come home with me though
wink.png

Thanks for the feedback, GW. Maybe next year I can make it. One of these days I'm going to make a road trip to Santuck...do you know what the days/hours are of the sale there?

Thanks,
Ed

Yep - I used to set up my ducks for sale there, lol.

Its the first saturday of every month - but half the shops Close in December - february. I dont think the Chicken guy will be back till March but he might. People are usually there and set up by 6 , i know we used to get there at 4 to set up, and it lasts till about 2 if there is a good crowd, otherwise vendors start packing up around noon.

Quote:
Go to your feed store and ask them for an ivemectin medication and the pour on type. (also ask for the generic form and it will save alot of money) For large fowl I use about 7 drops placed directly onto the skin. Repeat in 5-6 months. I've heard of W-D 40, vasaline, veggie oil, etc to smother them, but Bud, I'd be willing to bet that if they have leg mites they also have feather mites, lice, and types of worms that will just make you shake your head.

Also, this wormer will say it is for cattle, but I have also used it for rabbits, cats, dogs. This in combination with Frontline with my poultry keeps them in great shape.

Congratulations on the new birds!

Claudia

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, GW. Maybe next year I can make it. One of these days I'm going to make a road trip to Santuck...do you know what the days/hours are of the sale there?

Thanks,
Ed

Yep - I used to set up my ducks for sale there, lol.

Its the first saturday of every month - but half the shops Close in December - february. I dont think the Chicken guy will be back till March but he might. People are usually there and set up by 6 , i know we used to get there at 4 to set up, and it lasts till about 2 if there is a good crowd, otherwise vendors start packing up around noon.

Thanks for getting back with me on the time of the fleamarket....for some reason I had it in my mind that it was an evening auction type sale! Boy would I have missed the boat!!!!

Thanks again!
Ed

Quote:
Go to your feed store and ask them for an ivemectin medication and the pour on type. (also ask for the generic form and it will save alot of money) For large fowl I use about 7 drops placed directly onto the skin. Repeat in 5-6 months. I've heard of W-D 40, vasaline, veggie oil, etc to smother them, but Bud, I'd be willing to bet that if they have leg mites they also have feather mites, lice, and types of worms that will just make you shake your head.

Also, this wormer will say it is for cattle, but I have also used it for rabbits, cats, dogs. This in combination with Frontline with my poultry keeps them in great shape.

Congratulations on the new birds!

Claudia

Tractor Supply in Dothan had some about a month ago, and they told me you can ask for it at the back counter of Jeffers' too.

Back
Top Bottom