ALABAMA!!

We did! I'm from right outside of Moulton, but I have never been to the festival until this year. It was fun for the kids. As far as chickens go, there was a man there doing a chicken-type show for the kids. I didn't get to see it, but I heard it was really good and informative. Then there was a tent set up with cages of all different breeds of chickens. I knew a bunch of them, but the average person would have had no clue. There should have been placards on each cage at least stating the breed name, and maybe a couple of characteristics. That was my only complaint as far as the chickens go. Confederate Railroad was the band headliner that night, and they were very entertaining. All in all, a good family event, but don't go expecting it to be like a chicken show. It's not.
sad.png

I have 3 Rabbits for sale. Mini lop/ LionHeads

Here is the story.
I went to this guys house to look at his rabbits. While on the phone with him I asked if he had adults for sale. He said if they dont sell after there 7 weeks they go in the freezer. I pulled up to his house and noticed he had 3 huge dogs. And there was bones Everywhere. While he was showing us the rabbits his dogs acted like they where treats. He kept saying "want a rat" "want a rabbit" talking to his dogs. I am a very animal friendly person so I had to save them. Only had enough for 3. Going back to the car I noticed the remains of a rabbit.

So I want these to have a nice life. I paid $10 each, Will sale for $30 includes water bottle and feed.

These pics are when I first got them. They should be about 8 weeks old.
52562_xczxc.jpg

52562_xczss.jpg

52562_cxzsxc.jpg

Will take more pics if you need me to. And willing to meet you somewhere. I was told 2 females 1male.

Last edited:
Quote:
We went. We live in Decatur. This was the first year we had the time available. I hate to say it, but it was rather disappointing. We were expecting there to be a lot of chickens and eggs.
roll.png
When we went on Sunday, there was just one tent with a couple dozen chickens. As someone else said, there were no names/placards for them. We're chick-illiterate, so it would've helped.

Does anyone know of breeders within 200 miles of Cullman, Al who has heritage rir's, plymouth rocks? also, lavender orpingtons, coronation sussex, light bramha's or blrw's? No hatchery stock. I'm looking for very good stock in these breeds. I would appreciate any information you may have. Thanks,Billy.

Back
Top Bottom