ALABAMA!!

well tomorrow is the day one of my hens is expecting hopfully seven little chicks. But i do have one thing to ask, How long do they need to stay with there mom?

Hey ya'll, anyone in the Huntsville/Madison area have hens they like to trade for a rooster? Turns out that all 3 New Hampshire Reds I bought at the chicken and egg festival ended up being roosters, plus 1 ISA rooster. Right now I have 4 roosters to 6 hens, either I need more hens or would like to trade someone roo for a hen. I would love to get a few NHR hens or some Wyandottes. I built my coop to house 24, so I have plenty of room if I just end up acquiring some more hens.

Hi,
Most hens usually let you know when they are through being momma. Mine this time gave up and 4 weeks. If you want her back in production make sure you have a brooder on hand! Good luck with your hatch!

I missed an earlier post asking about the M H Waterfowl Farm in Huntsville. If you look around on the website, you'll find an email address. When I sent an email, someone responded very quickly. That was a couple of weeks ago and at that time they had young Welsummer hens, which I want, but I am really just too far from Huntsville.

Hi all. I am a recent ( 1 week ago ) transplant to Alabama. We live in Somerville, Morgan county, about 30 minutes south of Huntsville. We were lucky enough to find a rental home on 5 acres on the top of a mountain. I sadly had to sell all of my birds before the move since we had no notice of the transfer and did not know where we were going to be living until about 1.5 weeks before we left Florida.
I am planning on getting some ducks, chickens and maybe geeses soon. I am going to have to get used to the predators that live here.

I am so glad to be here and look forward to meeting some Alabama BYCers.

Welcome to North Alabama! PM me if you need me to help locate birds when you're ready.

I would really like to find someone near Huntsville that would either be will to trade a couple roos for hens, or would be willing to give/trade/sell some hens. I have 4 roos now and only 7 hens, would really like to gain a few more hens even if it means losing some roos. Got enough room for another dozen large breed birds if anyone is willing and interested.
Thanks

I have (3) 8 week old RIR pullets that need a home. I bought them for my Broody hen but do not want to keep them.

Back
Top Bottom