ALABAMA!!

Our local feed store has some, but it might be a little far. It is in Marshall county. You might want to try Ideal http://www.idealpoultry.com/ or Mt Healthy http://www.mthealthy.com/ . I have ordered Ameraucanas from both of them with good results. I think the best came from Ideal. All from there laid a blue egg. Although I di like the one from Mt Healthy that laid a brown egg with purplish/blue spots.

Hi all. I am a recent ( 1 week ago ) transplant to Alabama. We live in Somerville, Morgan county, about 30 minutes south of Huntsville. We were lucky enough to find a rental home on 5 acres on the top of a mountain. I sadly had to sell all of my birds before the move since we had no notice of the transfer and did not know where we were going to be living until about 1.5 weeks before we left Florida.
I am planning on getting some ducks, chickens and maybe geeses soon. I am going to have to get used to the predators that live here.

I am so glad to be here and look forward to meeting some Alabama BYCers.

I'm having a hard time finding chicks for sale. The two feed stores here in town only sale Golden Comets. I'd really love a couple of SLW or Ameraucana pullets to add to my flock. I'm in Chambers Co, just north of Auburn. Any ideas of where I can find some? I have found a guy that does fertilized eggs in Randolph Co, but I don't have an incubator, so.......
I don't currently know of any commercial hatcheries that sell pure ameraucana. Generally what is sold as ameraucana are what is considered on this forum and by breeders as Easter eggers.

Having said that, easter eggers are wonderful chickens and may lay beautiful eggs. I just want you to know what you are buying.

I have pure blue and black ameraucana. They are currently about 8wks. Still very hard to distinguish cockerels from pullets.
I am a little far though. I am about 25 miles north of Bham. I also have a few cuckoo marans and bantum cochins. If you are interested just send me a pm.

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

Hi all. I am a recent ( 1 week ago ) transplant to Alabama. We live in Somerville, Morgan county, about 30 minutes south of Huntsville. We were lucky enough to find a rental home on 5 acres on the top of a mountain. I sadly had to sell all of my birds before the move since we had no notice of the transfer and did not know where we were going to be living until about 1.5 weeks before we left Florida.
I am planning on getting some ducks, chickens and maybe geeses soon. I am going to have to get used to the predators that live here.

I am so glad to be here and look forward to meeting some Alabama BYCers.
Coyotes are the thing to watch out for out around where you are and of course large birds and snakes. There's a few places here in town to get chickens and ducks, one place I can think of right off the bat is Cox Family Farm; they have a website and are on facebook. Then, of course, there's the flea markets that are somewhat close. Dog Days is a good one for a variety of birds. I'm sure there are places closer to you, in Decatur perhaps, that you could find chickens, just have to do some hunting around. Good luck and welcome to Alabama!

Coyotes are the thing to watch out for out around where you are and of course large birds and snakes. There's a few places here in town to get chickens and ducks, one place I can think of right off the bat is Cox Family Farm; they have a website and are on facebook. Then, of course, there's the flea markets that are somewhat close. Dog Days is a good one for a variety of birds. I'm sure there are places closer to you, in Decatur perhaps, that you could find chickens, just have to do some hunting around. Good luck and welcome to Alabama!

When I was looking for chickens there were a whole lot of people selling them around the Cullman & Decatur area. And there were a few around Falkville.

p.s. here is cox farm website if you are interested. www.CoxFamilyMarket.com

Hi, so happy to have found a pure ameraucana breeder nearby! I am interested in four pullets of black, or if necessary blue, hens. Pls PM or email me with how many you have and how much you'll take for them.

I live in B'ham.

Hey, guys and gals. I was just sent this short cut to the Alabama side of things. Im located in Autauga county any one know where that is located? Im new to the chicken world and would like any help I could get. Ive got my first broody hen. Not sure what to do know. I know it takes roughly 21 days for them to hatch and thin Im lost
welcome-byc.gif
from a fellow Autaugan.

Back
Top Bottom