ALABAMA!!

Where do u live? At 5 weeks the chicks can get expensive. Most in this area for feather footed (french) black copper MARANS sell from 5-7the bucks as day old to 1 week old chicks. I only charge 4 (mostly because I just love the Bcm, and hatching in general ).. honestly I wouldn't know what the charge at 5 weeks however, im sure we can work out something fair. Just let me know how many u want and I will put them in my "keep" brooder. I have 15. Plus two with a momma hen that are 3locked weeks old..

Last edited:
At the moment, I don't have any chickens. It won't be long, though - I'll get my coop built and get a few hens running around. My daughter got this little chick a couple of weeks back from Dog Days, but the little guy seemed to have a breathing problem. He kept breathing with his mouth open and constant peeping. Despite my attempts to keep him warm and fed, he just wouldn't eat hardly anything and he kept moving away from his light. I moved his light around and higher but he didn't want anything to do with it. He died a few days after we got him. :(

But, I do have a totally different kind of flock. I have parrots and doves - 12 altogether. I have an African Grey, a Green Cheek Conure, 2 Quakers, 2 Parakeets, a Cockatiel and 5 doves. I s'pose you could say I'm a bit of a bird lover. For years, I've wanted chickens, and my little girl getting that one from Dog Days only made me want them even more. I just have to get a coop built for the backyard then I'll go chick shopping. I'd like to have 4 good layers. There's nothing like fresh eggs straight from the nest. Something I've missed since we moved from Cullman 18 or so years ago.

Here are some roosters I need to rehome. If you are interested, PM me. I will also have some BCM and Wellsummer roos in about two to three weeks. I would like to find homes for these roosters where they will be the only ones. None of my current roosters will challenge a person but all do a great job at sounding the alarm when there is a threat in the area.

This little roo is Merlin. He came in a batch of Ameraucana "pullets" that were hatched 4/25/12, making him almost 2 months old. He will be a striking bird as his feathers are already showing rich color and a beautiful pattern. It is hard to tell in this pic but he has a nice beard and muff and his legs are green.

The pic above is the only grown roo I have available. His mom was a BO and his dad is my alpha roo, D'Artagnon, (Darty for short.) We call him DJ, for Darty Junior. He was hatched on 10/25/11 and is 8 months old.

Last edited:
Where do u live? At 5 weeks the chicks can get expensive. Most in this area for feather footed (french) black copper MARANS sell from 5-7the bucks as day old to 1 week old chicks. I only charge 4 (mostly because I just love the Bcm, and hatching in general ).. honestly I wouldn't know what the charge at 5 weeks however, im sure we can work out something fair. Just let me know how many u want and I will put them in my "keep" brooder. I have 15. Plus two with a momma hen that are 3locked weeks old..

Hey grump. I live in Clay County, AL. That's East Central, close to the Talladega Super Speedway. I also have spoken with a gentlman from Coosa County who loves marans and may be intetested as well. Feel free to PM me with your info and we'll see if we can figure out a good way to do this. I would love at least 6 of them, enough to ensure both genders in the mix XD

Welcome to the group!!

Sorry to hear about your chick.
sad.png

At the moment, I don't have any chickens. It won't be long, though - I'll get my coop built and get a few hens running around. My daughter got this little chick a couple of weeks back from Dog Days, but the little guy seemed to have a breathing problem. He kept breathing with his mouth open and constant peeping. Despite my attempts to keep him warm and fed, he just wouldn't eat hardly anything and he kept moving away from his light. I moved his light around and higher but he didn't want anything to do with it. He died a few days after we got him. :(

But, I do have a totally different kind of flock. I have parrots and doves - 12 altogether. I have an African Grey, a Green Cheek Conure, 2 Quakers, 2 Parakeets, a Cockatiel and 5 doves. I s'pose you could say I'm a bit of a bird lover. For years, I've wanted chickens, and my little girl getting that one from Dog Days only made me want them even more. I just have to get a coop built for the backyard then I'll go chick shopping. I'd like to have 4 good layers. There's nothing like fresh eggs straight from the nest. Something I've missed since we moved from Cullman 18 or so years ago.

Your roos are so pretty!!!
droolin.gif

Too bad I am not allow Roos where I live or I would snatch one up.

Here are some roosters I need to rehome. If you are interested, PM me. I will also have some BCM and Wellsummer roos in about two to three weeks. I would like to find homes for these roosters where they will be the only ones. None of my current roosters will challenge a person but all do a great job at sounding the alarm when there is a threat in the area.

This little roo is Merlin. He came in a batch of Ameraucana "pullets" that were hatched 4/25/12, making him almost 2 months old. He will be a striking bird as his feathers are already showing rich color and a beautiful pattern. It is hard to tell in this pic but he has a nice beard and muff and his legs are green.

The pic above is the only grown roo I have available. His mom was a BO and his dad is my alpha roo, D'Artagnon, (Darty for short.) We call him DJ, for Darty Junior. He was hatched on 10/25/11 and is 8 months old.

Hey, guys and gals. I was just sent this short cut to the Alabama side of things. Im located in Autauga county any one know where that is located? Im new to the chicken world and would like any help I could get. Ive got my first broody hen. Not sure what to do know. I know it takes roughly 21 days for them to hatch and thin Im lost

Hey, guys and gals. I was just sent this short cut to the Alabama side of things. Im located in Autauga county any one know where that is located? Im new to the chicken world and would like any help I could get. Ive got my first broody hen. Not sure what to do know. I know it takes roughly 21 days for them to hatch and thin Im lost
Don't worry, she knows exactly what to do. Just make sure that other hens don't deposit their eggs under her too. If you have more than her using the same nest mark her eggs and pull the rest from under her. Other than that, a broody hen is the easiest way to hatch and raise.

I'm having a hard time finding chicks for sale. The two feed stores here in town only sale Golden Comets. I'd really love a couple of SLW or Ameraucana pullets to add to my flock. I'm in Chambers Co, just north of Auburn. Any ideas of where I can find some? I have found a guy that does fertilized eggs in Randolph Co, but I don't have an incubator, so.......

Hello from Mobile! I am a new chicken owner (since April) and have two marans, two cochins and one orpington. I've been learning by trial and error, trying to keep up with the info on the internet. I understand there are quite a few people in Mobile who have started raising chickens.

Back
Top Bottom