Alas, more questions...

SheeReno

Songster
10 Years
Jul 31, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So my chickies are doing well! One case of pasty butt and no more!!
lol.png
The older babies are doing well too, even that rascal Buck Sagebrush (who got wet). They are at 4 weeks, and teh real babies are at 2 days. Will they ever be in the brooder together? Here are some pics to show the current setup.

I KNOW it looks like the two older ones are in a glass box but its a plastic cover for an old doll. At its opening there's another box with their food and water. It's like they have an observation tunnel for the baby babies.

Here's an overhead shot of the current setup.

brooder1.jpg

And here are the two "geezers" loungin' in the "sun"

loungin.jpg

The geezers have been using parakeet grit thus far, when are they ready to move up in size and what should that size be?

Ugh...i always feel like I'm forgetting something else to ask...but I guess this is it until they are coop ready. I lvoe this place!!!

well grit comes in different sizes. id get them starter grit when they are in the coop and are eating grain. if you only feed them pellets or mash then grit isnt necissary. if they will free range grit isnt as necissary either as they will pick up enough rocks and such on thier own. but it can never hurt. i know the place i get mine form has 3 different kinds one is grower and the other is breeder. the grower is like coarse pepper and obviosly for chicks and juveniles the breeder is very large in comparison and is about the size of oyster shell flakes for much bigger birds obviouslty they also have red coss brand medicated pigeon grit but its finer and medicated and very expensive. it all depends on your birds their diet and the way they are kept. sorry its so jumbled im up at 3 am when i should be asleep

yeah tsc does carry chick grit but its a tremendous waste of money. you only get 2-3 lbs for 6 dollars. i get mine from the feed store my last bag was 10 dollars for 50 lbs, big difference.

Back
Top Bottom