Alaska, are you getting ready for Mt. Redoubt eruption?

No, it hasn't actually erupted yet. She's just clearing her throat. The suspense is killing me!!!
tongue.png

My children were toddlers when Mt. St. Helens erupted. When they were allowed outside, it was interesting trying to get them to were masks. ???As the summer progressed, they played "Mt. St. Helens monster."??? Interesting how children cope with such things.

Michele.

This just updated... AVO Website
2009-01-30 13:31:16

Intense seismicity continues at Redoubt this afternoon. Clear webcam views, satellite, and radar data indicate that the volcano has not yet erupted. Clouds have moved in to obscure the webcam view over the last several minutes.

There are 3 webicorders... RSO is closest to the summit. When I'd look at that one before, it would show activity, but the other two which are lower, would be relatively calm. NOW, they're showing activity too... we could be getting close...
hide.gif

Last edited:
I've got the Redoubt site book marked. It would be cool to see, but the ash and aftermath is not so cool. Ain't it fun living in the "Ring of Fire"...Johnny Cash humming in the background.

Quote:
I'm hoping I don't find out!
hmm.png

But, I'm prepared to lock some of the birds away, others bring into the garage, and tape up windows and doors. Dogs and bunnies will be brought in, too... glad we have plenty of kennels for small animals. The dogs won't like not being able to go out much, if it does erupt, though.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out if there are any other BYCers here close to the mountain. I think there was someone in Homer, but I think I may actually be the closest to the mountain. Anchorage, Wasilla, Palmer, and all those areas are northeast of us, and just a little farther from the mountain.

redoubt.jpg

I hope this picture refreshes every 10 minutes like the website. It's snowing right now, so visibility is down.

Last edited:
Good luck to you with your volcano.

If yellowstone blows, I'm going to sit on my porch and watch the fireworks and wait for the end. No sense in panicking and sitting on the freeway in a traffic jam when the lights go out.
smile.png

Quote:
How close are you? My bro lives in Alta, WY, just a quick drive to Yellowstone.
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom