Alaska Chicken Lover's Soup for the Cold!!

AK Michelle

Bad Girl of the North
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
Palmer, Alaska
Does anyone know a guy from Kodiak that chats on BYC? Apparently I was at a conference with him and didn't even know it. He was chatting with a good friend of mine and was talking about chickens and turkeys and BYC (which she knows all about because she knows me
)

Now I'm curious, who is this "garbage dude from Kenai"?

WestfarthingHomestead

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Alaska
McMurray, I was looking at them. Thanks!

I have TWO beautiful Americauna hens, by the way, about a year old. Can't wait to move out of city limits so we can have a lot more!

BirdBrain

Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Alaska
Quote:I have 5 white chantecler Roos that are slated for butcher in the spring...just to cold to deal with before then. If somebody wanted them I would sell, but until then they are contributing warmth to my duck house.

BirdBrain

Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Alaska
It is official ...the white chanticler roosters got the boot from the duck house and either need a new home or they will be sold for meat on craigslist. Any takers? Also have a nice Americana roo.

toofarout

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 14, 2011
Fairbanks, Alaska
Quote:Maybe one, but I was thinking more of adding a Chanticler rooster more towards *spring* because of space issues, and me being a total newbie.
I'm interested in a Chant roo that is close to the standard, for breeding.
I will PM you....

WestfarthingHomestead

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Alaska
Obsessing over my Chick Order! Where should I order from? Cackle, Ideal, Belt, Pine Pride?

Here's what I want come April or May:

10 Americauna Pullets

10 Dark Egg Layer Pullets (Marans or Welsummers)

20 Straight Run Buff Orpingtons

paulandashia

Songster
11 Years
Mar 30, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Whoa, that happened to the thread?
Is no one from AK on here anymore? Or is there a new thread? (Sorry, I have not been on in FOREVER!) (Seriously, like well over a YEAR) lol

Top Bottom