Albemarle Road church fined $100 per branch for excessive tree pruning

That's nuttier that the anti-breastfeeding law in Georgia.

I have 15 acres of woods...and I cut the ones I choose, the way
I choose. They are MY trees.

If the trees presented a danger, that would be one thing. Maybe
we could agree with that. But because of the way you trim your
own trees? If the city feels that way, the city should send someone
around door to door to trim trees for free.

Some laws are just...out there.

Way out there....

Although i don't agree with the fine,if you trim a tree wrong it does pose a hazard in the future,more prone to storm damage and rot from improper pruning.The ordinance was adopted to prevent future damage to houses and property.

"When they are nonrepairable, when they have been pruned beyond repair, we will ask them to be replaced," Johnson said. "We do that for a number of reasons but mainly because they are going to come back unhealthy and create a dangerous situation down the road."

Quote:
Go ahead. Just TRY and tell that plant not grow back 10x bigger than it was. I wanna watch. I have never EVER seen a crepe myrtle curl up and die. They are more of the I'm gonna kick your butt type of a plant.

Last edited:
Quote:
Go ahead. Just TRY and tell that plant not grow back 10x bigger than it was. I wanna watch. I have never EVER seen a crepe myrtle curl up and die. They are more of the I'm gonna kick your butt type of a plant.

They are concerned about the way the branches grow back,they create a problems down the road.You don't understand what i am saying
roll.png

Quote:

They are concerned about the way the branches grow back,they create a problems down the road.You don't understand what i am saying
roll.png

roll.png
Yes I do understand what you are saying. Crepes are only thick at the base, which makes this whole thing insane. Crepes to do not grow back weird. They grow up and bend down. It's also a BUSH. I wonder if they have BUSH trimming laws too.
roll.png

Yet another reason that you couldn't pay me enough to live in "The Queen City".

While I'm not a huge fan of cutting crape myrtles back to the bone (I've heard it referred to as "myrtlecide"), by the end of the year, it will be bigger than ever.

Dang busybodies!

Quote:
roll.png

roll.png
Yes I do understand what you are saying. Crepes are only thick at the base, which makes this whole thing insane. Crepes to do not grow back weird. They grow up and bend down. It's also a BUSH. I wonder if they have BUSH trimming laws too.
roll.png

Don't know much about them,there aren't any around here,but they look like a little more than a bush or shrub to me.But you are right the whole thing is insane.
crepemyrtle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom