Albino Easter Egger?

ScotianChick

Songster
9 Years
Dec 27, 2010
Has anyone had an albino chick before? I just got 5 EEs and 5 Silver Spangled Hamburgs about 6 weeks ago and the little guys all have feathers now and some are even getting wattles and and the starts of red combs (must be roos!) But I have a girl that is so pale and white... her beak even looks a little pinkish! Her siblings are all orange, brown and black in varying degrees with different dominant colours on each... But she hasn't a spot of colour on her and I can see blood in her feathers. It caused some pecking issues even under a red light and I was lucky she wasn't the victim of cannabalism.

So I took this just with my phone last week of her (her name is Luna).

You can even see her blood in her feathers there and the pinkish hue to her beak. What do you guys think? She's the same shape as all of the EEs but without the colours.

I have two "Ameracanas" like that from McMurray hatchery. One started out yellow and the other started out a buff color, but now both are pure white with their feathers.

My Fern looks just like that, she's an EE from Meyer Hatchery. Only difference is that Fern has slate colored legs. Not a speck of color anywhere on her, all white. :) It does seem to be unusual but you can have all white EE's. She is lovely! :)

She looks identical to mine. When I got her w/ my buff orp, gl wyandotte, & barred plymouth rock, I was so concerned. I wanted an ameracauna breed more than anything and I thought someone somewhere had made a mistake. I called the hatchery & they told me a few batches of white (pale yellow) ameracaunas were shipped on the same day as mine. So, I guess we both got some unique & special lil' chickies...
D.gif

Its lovely, but its now albino, its just a white bird.

Albino animals will have NO pigment - so they will have red eyes, pink feed and skin. Your bird has coloured legs and black eyes so it has pigment - so not albino. She is lovely!

Back
Top Bottom