ALERT : Silkie Theft

Quote:
i hate to say but maybe they breed Frank to their birds and don't want him after they were done breeding their birds to him beacause i think the silkies like Frank is alot of money...i hope I'm wrong beacause they took your bird and used him and throw him out like trash but im very happy you got him back he is very beiltful (if i spelled that right) and i hope your husband and this story will remind me to put locks on my coops and runs when i start planning breeding my chickens when i get them and i hate theifs i only stole my sisters things and this one guy paper beacause karma kick him good but I'm really am glad you got Frank back

I feel so bad for you so much for one person to go through but you got him back what a relief....I have a German Shepherd we got him at 2 months of age and i have been taking him out to the birds with me all the time now i wouldnt just leave him loose with the chickens running around but he has never shown an inclination to go after them I also have a Cairn terrier who doesnt bother the birds either but even tho he barks at anyone strange he isnt big enough to scare anyone...my pup now is 6 months old and close to 60 lbs and people are now not getting out of their vehicles till i come out he..he is a wonderful watch dog ...just a thought because once someone knows you have a German Shepherd of large size they usually are not brave enough to come on your property as they can and will take people down....hope Frank is still doing well....Chris

You know, you're not all that far from me and this has freaked me out. I have customers here all the time. Now I don't have any amazing Silkies but I do have some nice show quality birds that I would be absolutely devastated if I lost. We have a Great Pyrenees that patrols our property and she's not friendly to strangers and/or predators at all.

I've been seriously been thinking about putting gates up at the end of our driveway. It may be time to do it.

Laurie

AMAZING! So sorry for all that u have been going thru, especially during such a stressful time in ur life. My chest swelled with happiness when I read u got him back. We love the Bat Cave area and vacation there yearly so know how isolated places can be. Could also have been someone like the garbageman or nearby contruction that would know when u come & go. One thing about having coops in view, my neighbors watch out for my chickens in case anything happens. And I would know if someone were checking them out. Still, lights,locks and alarms go a long way to keep them safe. So glad Frank is home and praying that Tommy will soon be also.

Back
Top Bottom