ALERT : Silkie Theft

WOW! What a nightmare.. So happy you got him back.. I can't believe they zip tied his legs together
somad.gif
. Speaking of people stealing, I'm starting to wonder if people that work at the USPS are ripping eggs off.
I sent out some hatching eggs on the 14th, so last week Monday by priority mail and the girl still has not gotten them. All the tracking # says is that the package was accepted by my post office and that's it. I did write "Hatching eggs" on the box and I think someone ripped them off. I'm going to call the post office Monday morning to see if they can find out what's going on.
I sent the same girl eggs the week before and they arrived fine but this box is no where to be found. I will never write "hatching eggs" on the boxes again.
What is with people stealing stuff lately??
barnie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
B, I am so sorry! He was beautiful too. It's funny because I been wondering whether someone might try to steal my silkies. I have some show quality silkes, and there is people driving in and out all night. They have to pass our driveway to get to the neighbors, so I am not happy about that. We are starting to look for another house, preferably close to town but in the country.
smile.png

I'm so glad that the theif gave him back to you! I think you stirred up enough dust to scare the day lights out of them and the sad thing here is that this theif could be your best friend and reading this post as we speak! I suppose that it doesn't pay to have your chickens stolen and be members of poultry forums where the word can be spread in a second. It was cruel for them to zip tie his feet, how sick can people be?!

I started reading this thread with my heart in my throat, and I think I was about to become anoxic from holding my breath. It seems that the majority of responders feel the same way -- "WOW" seems to be the favorite "word of the day" when it come to this thread! I am SO glad you got your boy back and that he is recovering from the undoubtedly traumatic experience. I don't know what the motive for taking him was, but regardless of the reason for the theft, I commend whoever was brave enough or compassionate enough to return this guy to his rightful home. It may not have been done with tenderness or the way it SHOULD have been done, but at least he was returned to his home. *whew!* I need to breathe again!

Glad you got him back! I love these endings! AND glad you found the bag instead of just driving by, who knows what will happen to Frank? Glad he is back with his wives and hopefully no diseases. It would be devatating if you brought him home and ended up not quarantined him, such a big risk. All in all, I wish you all the luck and a bunch of little Franks running around!

I read this entire post for the first time today and was feeling so very sad & sorry for you with everything you're going through - sick husband, chicken killing dogs, and then a silkie thief!!

My heart actually started racing when I got to your post of getting Frank back - and relatively unharmed!

Your getting him back actually has made my day. Good luck, best wishes & hope for a speedy recovery of your hubby.

Wow, what a miracle! I'd put a notice in the local paper about a chicken thief. Make sure you notify the police about Franks return. Golden Retrievers make great chicken guard dogs...less than a week training. Best wishes to you and hubby.

I am so very sorry, there's nothing I despise as much as a thief truly.
sad.png

Omg nevermind! So sorry to hear there was a good ending to this story.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom