All around horses?

Short answer - you can't. Michickenwrangler is right. It isn't a DIY kind of thing. It can be very dangerous, because you're going at speed over obsticles with a significant "boogie man" factor for the horse. The trainer I ride with has pictures on his web site of them at a cross country schooling weekend where they brought a bunch of young horses. It took an extremely skilled rider most of the day to convince one of the horses that there weren't monsters in the ditch jumps. Even then, when he finally felt confident enough to jump a ditch, the jump was rough. It would have popped most riders right off. And he never would have done it without the reassurance and guidance of that very skilled rider.

It's also an expensive proposition. You need an event trainer. Most of them do separate lessons for each discipline. Dressage is a separate lesson, as is jumping and cross country. I really admire how ambitious you are, but I don't think you can make this award happen on a young, green horse without massive outlay of money. If you had an older schoolmaster horse, I think you just might.

Back
Top Bottom