All BYC Moms

I agree with many here- wait a few weeks (up to 2 months) and try again. My first is a girl and she potty trained at 18 months, went dry through the night by 20 months.

Since I was preg with #2, I didnt want to have to change 2 diapers, so what we did was- 1st- I stayed home all day, everyday. NO trips to the store or anywhere for the first 4 days. I think that getting her a dolly that she could give water to, and then it 'pee'd' so she could see it happen, made a huge diference. She wanted to do the same thing as her dolly!

2nd- Darn near every other thing I said to her was "Dont pee in your panties, lets go pee in the potty, ok!?" Constantly. She probably potty trained just so I would stop saying that, LOL! I didnt do pull-ups with her, just LOTS of panties and diapers at night for the first few weeks.

3rd- I gave her whatever she wanted to drink and really pushed the fluids- no caffeine, but 7up or sprite or juice or water or milk were all fine as long as she drank them, and lots of fruit to encourage poops too.

There is a book out called Potty training in less than a day, I didnt follow it religiously, but it had some really good ideas and the ones I used and adapted seemed to work for us.

My sons' however were a different story. None potty trained till 3 years old, but they were very ready at that point and it took a few weeks to have them dry through the night and using public restrooms when we are out.

Try not to get too frustrated, its hard for a child to understand their body cues and be reliable about telling you. Give her time, this is really a very short time in your lives, next thing you know she'll be wanting the keys to the car!!!!

I wish you the very best of luck!

I agree, each child is different. My first child had a hard time catching on to the idea (she preferred diapers), my second was afraid of the toilet . . .

I have no experience with daycare, but my kids do go to pre-school and that has helpful them (and my sanity) immensely. That sounds like a personal decision to me. Good luck!

i shouldnt really tell everyone on here but no one knows me. so what would you do if you found out your husband kissed another women?

Hi! Im a mom!
My name is Sarah, Im 22, and I have a 5 year old and a (almost) 3 year old...
Ive been with my SO, Kyle, for 7 years now.. We plan on making it official on the 10 year mark.

Right now Im doing potty training with my youngest. Its a two steps forward one step back kinda thing. Right now he still has to wear pull ups at night.
My oldest was a sinch... One day it just clicked with him and he hasnt had an accident since. Except maybe 3x hes wet the bed because of too much to drink

Where babies come from.. HA!
I just tell my oldest from my belly. Thats good enough for him now..
Im hoping he picks it up from me explaining animals
roll.png

Good luck!

Last edited:
My daughter decided 100% on her own that she was ready to wear big girl panties, exactly 2 weeks before her 3rd birthday.

I bought the undies when she was about 2, just left them in her drawer where she could see them. Would casually bring it up once a week or so, but NO PRESSURE. She literally woke up one morning, took off her diaper, and said that she was ready to wear her panties.

She never (and I mean never) had an accident. It was the easiest, most stress-free experience ever. I will do the same with DD2.

Quote:
Meaning if it was just a "fun" gag type kiss I would probly twinge a little but maybe brush it off
But if it was something behind my back....

Quote:
I consider kissing another woman a form of cheating...unless it was his mom of course....

I have 5 kids and potty trained 3 so far. My 13 year old was potty trained by 2 1/2, 5 year old daughter was trained by 2 and night trained by 3, 4 year old was potty trained at 2 1/2 and night trained by 3 and my 2 1/2 year old refuses to take off the diaper. We bought a cute potty, underwear....etc. Nope! not ready I guess.

its funny you started the thread on potty training...today I stepped outside to go fill waterers leaving my 7 yr old and my 2.5 yr old in the house. they are always good when I step out for a couple minutes and if there is an issue my daughter opens the door and calls me.

well I came back in, gone maybe 10 minutes, and I hear no one, after I called for my daughter she opens the bathroom door and says mom you better come see this!!! So I was expecting shampoo all over the floor again. but no, my 2.5 yr old son stripped down to nothing taking off his own clothes and diaper and got on the toilet and went. He was so proud and I was so surprised, and my daughter was saying, what a good boy you are, you are such a big boy, soon you will not need diapers. that surprised me even more!!!! I know I have good kids, but to see my daughter be so supportive of my little man makes burst with pride.

As fas as daycare, I tried it, but it just wasn't for me, I tried it first with my oldest son and he was never being changed or fed properly yet, his diapers never came home and his spare clothes would go missing and then he would sit in dirty, wet clothes all day. so I took him out. then I tried it with my daughter, and it was the exact same thing though it was a different daycare thousands of miles apart. I took her out and I have been home ever since with them. We believe the best caretakers for our children is us. But not everyone can have the ability to stay home with the kids, which I am sure its something everyone would just love to do. At first to be honest I worked all the time and dad stayed home, but when he landed a job paying a lot ore than what I was making we switched roles. the bottom line one of us is always here with them. But if I had to have care for them it would need to be a family member or a very close friend.

My name is Ema BTW, I have three children, 15, 7, and 2.5 yrs old. boy, girl, boy. the easiest to potty train was my daughter. my first son, was still in good nights at age 7 for some odd reason potty training him was next to impossible. my daughter at 2.5 yrs old took off her own diaper and sat on the potty all by herself and never ever needed diapers or pull ups again. We made things easier on her by taking her potty everywhere we went, we had an SUV so the potty would be in the back, ya it sounds weird to some but she never had an accident!!

I've already explained about my youngest. I thought it was pretty cool how it happened, so I called DH immediately to tell him and he was quite happy and so was my BF :-D

Edited to say I thought this was about parenting not cheating??!! but since it was asked...My DH and I have a very common way of thinking, that situation would never occur in our family and if it ever did come to that it would be over. Kissing someone else's spouse is nothing to joke around with. Ruins lives/friendships but this is my own opinion :-D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom