all farm animals

Congrats BirdRain on ur medal! I am gonna try and get some pics of the "calf" I started halter breaking the other day for 4H. I'm super excited she is a Tarentaise Black Angus cross!! If u guys have never seen a Tarentaise search the breed on Wikipedia!!

Thank you! That's good showing a calf in 4-H I just wished my FFA Chapter did more beef. Usually it's only me or sometimes there's another kid with me. I've done steer for one year and heifer for one as well. I'm going to do heifer again but what's different is the heifer I'm going to show I've raised since she was born and she's been halter broke and loves people. I love Gelbviehs. They are my favorite breed. The Tarentaise seems like an extraordinary breed. I love the long body, the bulls are huge and muscular while the cows seem to be not as muscular but they seem to have the body for a big calf. Have you done research on Gelbvieh? When you do research and look at some of their EPDs you will understand why I love them. If you want good information on Gelbviehs go to the Gelbvieh Association website.

Last edited:

This is Tear drop my show calf I dont know if u can tell from the pick the pick but she does have a small white spot just below her eye.

Tomorrow I'm running my milk cow to my grandpas to get bred by his black Angus bull. She should be bred within a month of being there as I think they cycle every 3 weeks. Here is a pic of her and her heifer calf she had lat June the calf's name is June Bug and is a Brown Swiss JerseyX.

This is Tear drop my show calf I dont know if u can tell from the pick the pick but she does have a small white spot just below her eye.

Tomorrow I'm running my milk cow to my grandpas to get bred by his black Angus bull. She should be bred within a month of being there as I think they cycle every 3 weeks. Here is a pic of her and her heifer calf she had lat June the calf's name is June Bug and is a Brown Swiss JerseyX.

Pretty cows! Do you milk your brown swiss X jersey?

Thanks!! No we milk the Jersey as her calf is to young to be bred and have her own calf!!
smile.png

Sorry, I meant the mother.
smile.png
Shes a really pretty cow. We only have one jersey cow left, we just recently got rid of our original jersey cow, she was almost 14, and her udder almost dragged on the ground, so we decided it was best to let her go. We have mostly crosses.

glad to see everyone sharing pictures and talking about there animals

wish me luck Tuesday its FFA banquet and I am reciving my greenhand pin and I am giving chapter pins out so wish me luck!!

Back
Top Bottom