All flock crumble good for all ages?

LER23

Songster
Aug 21, 2023
Willamette Valley, Oregon
So, my 4 older pullets, that I thought were between 18 and 22 eeks, are between 15 and 20 weeks. My 2 younger pullets are between 5 and 8 weeks old. I am running out of the starter/grower and just bought a bag of all flock crumbles. I supplement all of them with mealworm larvae and cracked corn. They are also free ranging in my backyard for an hour or two every day, besides having a fairly good sized run.
Should I still feed the littles starter/grower or can I switch all of them to all flock. And should I start putting out pelleted feed for the big girls? As an aside, I do have oyster shell out for the big girls, though they don't seem too interested in it yet. Any and all comments/suggestions welcomed.TIA.

No need to complicate things, just feed all flock crumbles to the whole group. Once they're old enough to lay you can switch to layer if that's your preference, or keep with all flock (crumble or pellet at that point).

Minimize the corn and mealworms, the vast majority of their diet should be their feed and forage.

PoNo need to complicate things, just feed all flock crumbles to the whole group. Once they're old enough to lay you can switch to layer if that's your preference, or keep with all flock (crumble or pellet at that point).

Minimize the corn and mealworms, the vast majority of their diet should be their feed and forage.

👆 100%

Back
Top Bottom