All girls?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wifezilla, May 12, 2011.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Do I need to buy a powerball ticket???

All pure Welsh Harlequins. 6 of the little fuzzballs. This one has the darkest bill in the batch.
    [​IMG]
    This is how mom's bill looked when she hatched.

[​IMG]
    "Does this come in any other flavors?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone see any boys?

There was one egg I found when cleaning the nest. The duckling died in the shell but the bill was peaking out. It was slate gray so obviously a boy. Other than that these all look like girls to me!

2. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    Go to the corner market right now and buy you a dozen lottery tickets and a power-ball ticket!!! you are so lucky!! And by the way those are some super cute girls

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Great hatch!! All so very cute as well. Last year I had 6 Harlequin Runners hatch- I vent sexed and thought I must have been doing it wrong since I found all 6 were girls- but thats exactly how it turned out too. ( Mine cant be beak sexed ) Mom is gorgeous too!! Well done to you both.

4. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    Those are the most awful things I have seen. I think you should send them to me so that you don't have to be bothered with them. Momma too. Seriously, they are so stinking cute. [​IMG]

5. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    DO all WH go broody? Cuz mine just started to lay like 2 weeks ago and they are just laying them on the ground one is laying hers in the nesting boxx thing i made for her but the other one is just leaving them on the ground. Would the one laying in the best want to go broody?

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    DO all WH go broody?

So far only about half of mine seem the least bit interested. I do think your girl laying in the nest would be a more likely candidate.​

7. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Quote:So far only about half of mine seem the least bit interested. I do think your girl laying in the nest would be a more likely candidate.

YES

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by